Tslim : how often does the pump need charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
The Tslim is one of the pumps that my CCG offer and I’m doing a bit of research on it but the one thing I can’t find out is how the charging works.

The Tslim is one of the pumps that my CCG offer and I’m doing a bit of research on it but the one thing I can’t find out is how the charging works.
I just know what I was able to google, and it looks like it uses a Lithium-polymer battery (not harmed by partial charging so there's no advantage to letting it discharge), and they recommend charging it for 10-15 minutes a day (perhaps while you're having a shower).

Thanks @Inka and @Bruce Stephens . The daily charging does feel like it would be annoying . I’ll look at the link

I haven’t ever managed to get into the ‘daily charging‘ rhythm...

Instead I seem to find it easier to wait until somewhere between 50% and 25% of battery remains, and then do a longer charge - eg when working on computer for a couple of hours.

So I probably charge mine once a week or thereabouts?

Thats a lot less than I thought! Changing my mind on which pump.Still I’ll learn more at the pump info day on Thursday

Dash which replaced PDM for Omnipod pump is no different, 2 days max battery is flat makers recommend charging device everyday.

Dash which replaced PDM for Omnipod pump is no different, 2 days max battery is flat makers recommend charging device everyday.
Good to know

I think it usually lasts 5-7 days easily enough (maybe longer if you don’t use it with sensors). My daughter has let hers go dead a couple of times though, once at school and she had to go to the medical room and borrow someone’s phone charger and stay there until it had charged up enough to last the rest of the day! Can you imagine that conversation, I think it actually went something like this: “so you are attached to this machine which keeps you alive, and you didn’t charge it up and now it isn’t working?” Daughter - “er, yes” 🙄 Teacher - “you’re an idiot!”
Thankfully she has learned from her mistake and now carries a battery pack and cable in her school bag all the time just in case she forgets again!
Tandem recommend that you stick it on charge for a top-up for 10-15 minutes a day while you are in the bath or shower because you have to take it off then anyway, that would also solve this problem! I’ve never managed to get my daughter into that habit either!

I think it usually lasts 5-7 days easily enough (maybe longer if you don’t use it with sensors). My daughter has let hers go dead a couple of times though, once at school and she had to go to the medical room and borrow someone’s phone charger and stay there until it had charged up enough to last the rest of the day! Can you imagine that conversation, I think it actually went something like this: “so you are attached to this machine which keeps you alive, and you didn’t charge it up and now it isn’t working?” Daughter - “er, yes” 🙄 Teacher - “you’re an idiot!”
Thankfully she has learned from her mistake and now carries a battery pack and cable in her school bag all the time just in case she forgets again!
Tandem recommend that you stick it on charge for a top-up for 10-15 minutes a day while you are in the bath or shower because you have to take it off then anyway, that would also solve this problem! I’ve never managed to get my daughter into that habit either!
Longer battery life then I thought!

My omnipod dash rarely lasted more than a day i charged the pdm on my bedside cabinet at night.

Last edited:
I do not use either (Dash or T-Slim) but imagine the recharging process is different: for Dash, it is the PDM that is being recharged so you could sit at your desk with your Dash charging next to your phone. In contrast, is it the pump (which is connected to you) that needs recharging for T-Slim? This is a little harder to plonk onto your desk and plug in unless you have a fair length of tube and are not likely to move away quickly. I guess a phone battery pack would be helpful but not great if you want a discrete pump. Probably something you get used to but neither are great for a long weekend of camping in the middle of nowhere.

I am also researching the T-slim and have just checked the website and it definitely says the battery will last up to 7 days on full charge, and can be recharged using any mini USB charger without interrupting insulin delivery. So whilst eatching TV or sitting at your desk or driving the car etc
B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back