Tslim and libre integration?

NI-Bookworm

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi
We are currently self funding my sons dexcom and he is HCL on tslim. All going great. My daughter is hopefully starting a pump soon and self funding 2 Dexcom’s will be too much for us. (In NI we are very much behind with the funding for HCL). She isn’t that keen on patch pumps as I know this works with libre. My son previously had the ypso and we just didn’t like it so we have riled that out.
We have been told that libre integration with tslim is on the horizon. Has anyone else heard this and if so any ideas when??

Only that it has been on the horizon for a while.

Would the Dexcom G6 or G7 be an option? Those are ready to go, and are fairly cost-equal with Libre2 I think?

Only that it has been on the horizon for a while.

Would the Dexcom G6 or G7 be an option? Those are ready to go, and are fairly cost-equal with Libre2 I think?
We are using 1x dexcom 7 at the minute that we self fund for my son. My daughter is on the libre that we get for free. Self funding 2 Dexcom’s would be ok in the short term but I am afraid we couldn’t sustain it in the long term. .

I’d ask your clinic about switching her funding to G7 or G6 - though you may want to try her on a Dex sensor first to make sure she gets on OK with it, as different sensors seem to suit some people more than others.

You should also ask about funding for your son, which has become increasingly available, especially for Libre2 and Dex1.

I’m not sure of you are in NI, so the rules may be slightly different - but certainly worth asking the question?

Back