Trying to lower sugar levels??

Normas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

I am curious to see if anyone has any advice for me. My sugars are sitting around 12-15 for the last few weeks nothing seems to lower them. However I am now doing a charity walk, walking 100 miles over October so I have walked a lot this week so I thought my sugars would have come down. 1) as I am exercising, 2) I am not in the house snacking and 3) drinking less tea and a lot more water.

I know it is early days but I did think after a week I would maybe see a difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Norma

Hi everyone,

I am curious to see if anyone has any advice for me. My sugars are sitting around 12-15 for the last few weeks nothing seems to lower them. However I am now doing a charity walk, walking 100 miles over October so I have walked a lot this week so I thought my sugars would have come down. 1) as I am exercising, 2) I am not in the house snacking and 3) drinking less tea and a lot more water.

I know it is early days but I did think after a week I would maybe see a difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Norma
Doing the things you are doing should all help but a week is not very long to see a difference unless you have also made more changes to your diet other than not drinking a much tea.
What is your diet like, some examples of your meals would help people see where there may be a problem. Are you taking any medication for your diabetes as that may make a difference to what may be a suitable diet. What was your HbA1Cas that may indicate how unusual the reading you are getting are as indeed they are quite high, but that may depend on when you are testing.
Sorry for all the questions but without some context it is hard to make appropriate suggestions./

Hi Normas, it is concerning when the levels don't come down sooner rather than later. I am sure its just a matter of time though. You are great to be able to walk 100 miles this month 🙂 report again next week, I bet your levels will have dropped.

Of late I am just eating when hungry, I figure the body knows the score 🙂 this has resulted in odd eating times but I am finding its working out ok. Best wishes on your October ventures 🙂

Back