trying out dexcom one

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
so i've just been my diabetties nurse apoinment and they gave dexcom one stater kit just to try to see if i get one with it so im not comiiting(so if it does start to overwelm me i can stop its not put on my persriction yet) to anything yet(but will try to give a a fair chace(like aloowing time to setllte and aslo try make sure im haydateing enough) i wonder how anyone else that uses find it(i know its differnt for everyone because some people unkike me got on really well with libre)

I did 3 months on dexcom one.

I found the accuracy to be no different to libre. Had some great ones and some not so great ones.
They are bulkier than libre.
You have more choice on official placement of the sensor.
I liked the fact you could use reader AND app at the same time without any issues (start on reader and then the phone app knew about the sensor you just started).
the app itself was "basic" as in you couldn't log any info yourself like you can with libre (carbs, insulin, exercise and notes)
I found they needed to be overpatched more often than I do with libre but dexcom sent some to me for free when I had to get a replacement which were fab.
With libre 2 bring CGM now, that playing field has been levelled.
If you loose signal with decom you cant scan the sensor to get a read on your bg when you are back in signal range, you have to wait for it to reconnect where with libre 2 you can still scan.

I am on libre 2 now fulltime but that was due to what I was offered on prescription vs my own choice.
For me, if I had the choice myself, libre slightly comes out on top and only because of the app logging features as I use them a lot.
I miss the ease of using reader and phone together without any issues as sometimes just slipping the reader in my pocket was easier than grabbing my phone. Being able to disconnect and turn my phone off is something I miss too.
I can still use libre reader and phone together but I loose CGM function unless I use a 3rd party app (which has its own drawbacks with more signal loss issues).

Hope you get on better with tech this time around.

I did 3 months on dexcom one.

I found the accuracy to be no different to libre. Had some great ones and some not so great ones.
They are bulkier than libre.
You have more choice on official placement of the sensor.
I liked the fact you could use reader AND app at the same time without any issues (start on reader and then the phone app knew about the sensor you just started).
the app itself was "basic" as in you couldn't log any info yourself like you can with libre (carbs, insulin, exercise and notes)
I found they needed to be overpatched more often than I do with libre but dexcom sent some to me for free when I had to get a replacement which were fab.
With libre 2 bring CGM now, that playing field has been levelled.
If you loose signal with decom you cant scan the sensor to get a read on your bg when you are back in signal range, you have to wait for it to reconnect where with libre 2 you can still scan.

I am on libre 2 now fulltime but that was due to what I was offered on prescription vs my own choice.
For me, if I had the choice myself, libre slightly comes out on top and only because of the app logging features as I use them a lot.
I miss the ease of using reader and phone together without any issues as sometimes just slipping the reader in my pocket was easier than grabbing my phone. Being able to disconnect and turn my phone off is something I miss too.
I can still use libre reader and phone together but I loose CGM function unless I use a 3rd party app (which has its own drawbacks with more signal loss issues).

Hope you get on better with tech this time around.
I'm actually impressed with the accency so far(funny as I typed I was typing that it alerting me I was heading low when I'm fine but I'll let it off as I have just eaten haha! can't expect it to be magic). The main problem I had with libre was then failing all the time like after two days. Yeah my phone isn't compatible with the dexcom app so I've just got my the receiver

And yes it be nice if ovetpatchs came with it so I could relex that way

I ended up ordering a new (refurbished) phone so I had compatibility with both libre and dexcom.
I was self funding at the time and was sent a 3 month kit by a kind member on here who has spare so a new phone & reader was still cheaper than 3 months CGM 😉

Ill message you my amazon wish list I made for all cross compatible phones so you can see what it would cost if you did want to ditch the reader or have options x

I ended up ordering a new (refurbished) phone so I had compatibility with both libre and dexcom.
I was self funding at the time and was sent a 3 month kit by a kind member on here who has spare so a new phone & reader was still cheaper than 3 months CGM 😉

Ill message you my amazon wish list I made for all cross compatible phones so you can see what it would cost if you did want to ditch the reader or have options x
Could you message me the list of phones as well @gll ?
I've been discussing Dexcom 1 at an appointment today but my phone is pretty old and probably won't be compatible.

I've been discussing Dexcom 1 at an appointment today but my phone is pretty old and probably won't be compatible.
Will your hostipal not give you a reviciver if your phone's not compatible only asking because my did.

sent. If anyone else wants them, just private message me. Just didn't want to post my amazon lists on a public forum but more than happy to send in private 🙂

Will your hostipal not give you a reviciver if your phone's not compatible only asking because my did.
Thanks for that suggestion @rayray119
I'm guessing they're not keen to supply one as the consultant told me that it only works with a phone app. I thought that wasn"t correct so checked and found they're available to buy.
Do you know if it's possible to calibrate Dexcom 1?

Edited to add that I see it is possible to calibrate.

Last edited:
no to calibration of the dexcom one but you can on other dexcoms 🙂

no to calibration of the dexcom one but you can on other dexcoms 🙂
Does anyone know if this is still correct? A friend not on this forum who I passed on some dexcom one sensors to said that the app updated this week and now asks you to calibrate.

Does anyone know if this is still correct? A friend not on this forum who I passed on some dexcom one sensors to said that the app updated this week and now asks you to calibrate.
Actually I had said something on a Facebook group that's mettiona about an update to the app. I know you can't with the receiver though

ooooo thats an awesome feature to add 🙂

Reactions: Tdm
I'm impressed after near the end f this sensors live(the only thing is it finding around it iratting my skin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back