Trulicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi 🙂,
Please, can anyone tell me if the side effects of Trulicity 0.75 are less than 1.5? I was prescribed the 1.5 which I injected for 4 weeks to give it a chance. The side effects were horrendous vomitting, constipation, acid reflux and stomach cramps from the start but my levels were perfect (5.4 am). My diabetic nurse told me to stop the injection, but my consultant has now decided to reintroduce at half the strength but the drug frightens me as I honestly thought I was dying and I can't risk having to spend days in bed with no energy and feeling so ill. Does anyone have any experience of the 0.75 strength as I am torn between restarting at the lower dose or asking for an alternative. I also take Metformin, Lantus and Novarapid. I'd be grateful for any opinion or advice.

Hi Aliann, welxome to the forum 🙂 Sorry to hear you have had such an awful time with the Trulicity :( I know some people have experienced similar reactions when on the higher dose, but fine when on the lower dose. Were you started on the 1.5 then? Usually, you'd start on the lower dose and see how you go then move up to the 1.5. There are alternatives e.g. Bydureon which you might tolerate better. I can certainly understand your reluctance to continue, even on the lower dose. I'd discuss your concerns with your doctor and perhaps ask about alternatives 🙂

Hi aliana just been prescribed trulicity and took my first injection last Sunday second will be tomorrow I was started on the 0.75 and I must be honest like you this week alone I've had awful acid reflux the nurse who prescribed me is ringing me Tuesday for a catch up on how I'm doing as she mentioned rasing me to the 1.5 way I feel about it right now ill be telling her no way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back