Trulicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn Davies

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks!

I was going to join in on another thread but decided to start a new one with my results from Trulicity as most forum threads are negative.

Started on it 4 weeks ago with some trepidation I can tell you! Reading other people experiences only increased my worry. 'Give it a go' said the DN so off I went.

Sat in the chemist waiting for my prescription I got talking to a lovely elderly gent who told me he was waiting for his Trulicity and sharps box. 'Oh Sharps box' said I! Not got one of them on my prescription! Needed to go back to get a new script only to have to collect the next day! 🙄

Anyways chatted away and he said he used his Trulicity straight from the fridge - not a problem to him. Well it blooming well was to me!!! Pain beyond belief I can tell you! Last time I tried that one. Let it come to room temperature next time and had no problems at all. The first injection even bruised :( I do the injection with a room temp pen and to be honest I cannot feel it at all. I can honestly say that I take the pen away from my skin and fully expect it to have been a dud and skin is wet but no - all has gone as it should do - pain free.

Side effects. Waited with baited breath for them all to appear as they are marked as common.

Nausea - slight wave every now and again but as quickly as a wave on the ocean it was gone.
Diarrhea - Day 6 after the injection might be a bit loose but otherwise nothing.
Tiredness - a bit for the first couple of weeks.
Physical vomiting - nope (thank goodness)
Abdominal pain or discomfort - nope (unless there is an incarcerated fart waiting for release)!😳
indigestion - nope.
Feeling of constantly full - nope - nada - zip - zilch! Not a bit of it - get just as hungry as before when a meal is due🙄
Loss of appetite - Not a chance! Ready to chow down when meal time comes round🙄

Really could have done with the last 2 *sigh* Felt a bit weak and feeble for the first couple of weeks as my body became used to lower glucose levels but for the last couple of weeks I have felt really good.

Didn't check my BG until this last week or so. Needed to see if the injection was as efficient at the end of the week as at the start - same same pre and post injection.

My BG readings over the last 6 days average out at 6.6 with nothing over 7.7. Seems to be going well so far. Time will tell what the a1c come out at. I have another 2 months to wait for that one but will report back.

All in all would I recommend this treatment to any struggling type 2's - darned sure I would. Best thing I have done. Most of the reports in forums of this drug are extreme reactions and not the norm. People with no problems just don't report anything.

If anyone has an questions then please ask away. Not by PM but on the open forum so others who are embarking on this journey can see the full discussion.

Hi Lynn, great to hear from you again! 🙂 Good to hear that you're not getting the side effects and that it's working well for you 🙂

Hello Lynn. Good to see you post again. Great to see the positive effects for you.thanks for posting this positive feedback.will you be thinking of recipes next?
Btw, seeing your name reminder me of the cheeseburger recipe,
Keep up the trulicity reporting please

Thanks Northerner - I am finally feeling the benefits of lower BG.😎

Hi Carol - not a lot new on the recipe front - I am doing slimming world red and green days. Changed over as I was missing fruit too much. Still sticking to mostly berries but adding half a nana and about 10 grapes. Oh and my fav apple - Gala:D

I keep buying oranges, which maybe don’t do me much good, and often fester in fruit bowl. Often though stick to berries, sometimes rhubarb and a small banana for mid morning snack. Gazing longingly at watermelon and gala melon.

Hiya folks! *waves* Back to report what is happening with me and my Trulicity.

Had to have a blood test for something else the other week and the DN had put the HBA1c test on for the future. The receptionist at the Dr's printed out the form including the HBA1c! Tried to get it taken off but failed miserably. I still had 4 weeks to go before it was due but never mind - still had it done anyway.

The result are in for 8 weeks on Trulicity! HBA1c of 57! Pretty darned good if you ask me! Before it was 104!!!

As I haven't heard from the DN I am assuming that they are not going to bother with the 3 month test as the results speak for themselves.

I am still doing slimming world red and green days. Adding in fruit 'n yoghurt for a snack. I do think my appetite has reduced. Not feeling as hungry before meals so that is probably doing me some good - helps with the 'fighting the flab' as dear old Tel would say. I am eating pasta, rice and potatoes. Just not daily.

Seems Trulicity is doing me some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back