Trulicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve started taking Trulicity and am feeling really nauseous on it. I’m on Day 5 and all I have been able to eat is crackers, apples and bananas. I don’t know whether this is something I should be worrying about or to keep going with tiny bits of food and not worry too much about what it is I am eating. Which feels a bit counterintuitive diabetes wise. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any advice? Especially on what I can eat that isn’t going to make me heave.

Thank you!

I’ve started taking Trulicity and am feeling really nauseous on it. I’m on Day 5 and all I have been able to eat is crackers, apples and bananas. I don’t know whether this is something I should be worrying about or to keep going with tiny bits of food and not worry too much about what it is I am eating. Which feels a bit counterintuitive diabetes wise. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any advice? Especially on what I can eat that isn’t going to make me heave.

Thank you!
Yes, you'll get some good advice on what to eat. I would stick with it as side effects can take longer to go than is typically expected.

Thank you!
Those sound to be side effects that some people report that they get initially.
Unfortunately the foods you are eating are rather high carb and may not be helping your blood glucose levels but hopefully you can get on a better dietary track when your stomach settles.
There may be some foods that you might try in this link which is a low carb approach that you can tolerate https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back