Trulicity..yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie15

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Im sorry if I am repeating previous questions asked here, but I really need some advice.. My DN etc just cause more confusion!
I was diagnosed in January 18 whilst in A & E for abdominal pain, I am on humilin 28 units twice a day and metformin 500g also twice a day. My sugars are good at between 4.4 and 6 each day due to low carb eating. I do need to lose a lot more weight and this has stalled in recent months.
My DN has prescribed Trulicity.. from everything I've read I am now doubting whether to take it. My BS are obviously at the lower end of the scale already. I am advised to half my insulin units to 14 each shot when I start the new injection.... I'm just asking if any of you can offer me more advice for or against Trulicity. The side effects I've read about fill me with dread! Will it help with the weight loss and are the possible side effects worth it? Thank you!

Last edited:
It might be worthwhile asking the DN why Trulicity has been prescribed when you appear to be doing very well on your current medication and diet. Not everyone gets the side effects, and they do settle down, but this appears to me to be a case of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

How is your HbA1c doing since diagnosis?

Hi Jackie, I'm afraid that I can't point you in the right direction however I am due to start this also on 17th August when I have my appointment. I am also a bit weary of taking it but have been told that it will help with weight loss. I have the new injection sitting in my fridge but have been told to wait so the nurse can show me how to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back