• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.
  • Take a look at our new Type 2 Diabetes Remission section on the Diabetes UK website: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/type-2-remission

Trulicity problems

ladyhopton

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am 62 year old lady, been type 2 some years, previously on Metformin, Gliclazide and Dapagliflozin. Now fourth week of Trulicity added and taken out dapagliflozin.
First week, nauseous, sick, diarrhea felt terrible. Has improved slightly each week, but still diarrhea, very unpredictable and stopping me going out much. Not sure if I should go back to the tablets. Trulicity has brought my blood glucose down to 5.5 range. Seems if I eat no sugar items symptoms are better, weight has come down several kilos which is also good. BMI 28.6.
Anyone else got through the teething problems, any suggestions on giving up or carrying on would be appreciated.

Hi, I am 62 year old lady, been type 2 some years, previously on Metformin, Gliclazide and Dapagliflozin. Now fourth week of Trulicity added and taken out dapagliflozin.
First week, nauseous, sick, diarrhea felt terrible. Has improved slightly each week, but still diarrhea, very unpredictable and stopping me going out much. Not sure if I should go back to the tablets. Trulicity has brought my blood glucose down to 5.5 range. Seems if I eat no sugar items symptoms are better, weight has come down several kilos which is also good. BMI 28.6.
Anyone else got through the teething problems, any suggestions on giving up or carrying on would be appreciated.
Hello and welcome @ladyhopton ! I’m sorry I can’t really give you any advice on insulin as my type 2 is tablet controlled, but giving up doesn’t sound like the right choice. I’ve got a massively sweet tooth and I’ve tried really hard to replace all my old temptations with more suitable alternatives. It is worth it, as weight loss and general health and wellness will happen in tandem. There are a number of members on the forum who I’m sure will give you better advice on insulin tolerance, and I’m sure they will be posting- as I’ve found the forums to be a great source of advice, knowledge and mutual encouragement. Good luck and I hope the issues resolve quickly for you

Hello and welcome @ladyhopton ! I’m sorry I can’t really give you any advice on insulin as my type 2 is tablet controlled, but giving up doesn’t sound like the right choice. I’ve got a massively sweet tooth and I’ve tried really hard to replace all my old temptations with more suitable alternatives. It is worth it, as weight loss and general health and wellness will happen in tandem. There are a number of members on the forum who I’m sure will give you better advice on insulin tolerance, and I’m sure they will be posting- as I’ve found the forums to be a great source of advice, knowledge and mutual encouragement. Good luck and I hope the issues resolve quickly for you
Just to point out that although Trulicity is injected, it is not insulin! :)

Back