Trulicity or bydureon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen rayner

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys hope all of you are keeping ok . Was wondering if any of you have tried the two pens that are titled above and any advantages disadvantages anyone's had with them my nurse wants to put me on one of them and I've to pick which one . Seemingly the trulicity is quite new .

Before deciding, take a careful look at the side effects. The PIL lists some quite nasty ones. I have had a short period on Trulicity with only mild nausea. That was some time ago.

I was on trulicity made me very sick for the 1st few days after taking it

I used to take it on the Monday and by weds I was back to normal but them 1st couple of days were horrendous, so I had to come off it

Mine have been up for along time has damaged me in so many ways , I'm still trying new things to get it down but nothing is really working ! Trulicity gave me so much energy which I haven't had for a long time but I just couldn't deal with the sickness part !!

I've been on Trulicity for 9 months. Original dosage was 3.0 Mg but the side effects of feeling nauseous and diarrhea became too much. Came off the drug for 2 weeks - sugar levels shot up to 35 plus... went back on Trulicity but at 1/2 dose i.e 1.5 Mg... still feel F***ing nauseous but diarrhea has gone. No side effects of reduced hunger, no headaches, stomach aches.... just the feeling of nauseous which lasts most of the day - Oh and possibly tiredness as I do regularly need to go back to sleep in the day. Possibly - this is age related ... I'm nearly 66. If it wasn't for the fact this drug is very good at getting sugar levels down... I would have binned it months ago. Even now, I sitting on the fence trying to decide if the pain is worth the gain.

Dunno about Trulicity - but I well recall that people on Byetta - and later Bydureon, which is basically longer-lasting Byetta - ginger helps ward off the nausea - and I believe Holland and Barratt (and possibly others now) sell some sort of 'infusion' like a 'tea' - which you sip while it's hot, and helps some people.

May be worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back