Trulicity- help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky1984

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The past 3 days I've had a mild pain upper abdomen kind of in between my rib cage, been irritating but noting too bad. Today on the other hand feels like something inside me is about to burst I'm in agony. Phoned the doctors who told me that the diabetic nurse has left and someone will ring me Wednesday. Anyone experienced this, I've googled and it seems common but jeez it hurts.

Just looked up the side effects and read

Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking dulaglutide, check with your doctor immediately:

Incidence not known:
  • Agitation
  • change in urination
  • chills
  • cold sweats
  • confusion
  • cool, pale skin
  • depression
  • difficulty with breathing or swallowing
  • dizziness
  • fast heartbeat
  • fever
  • hives
  • hoarseness
  • hostility
  • increased hunger
  • irritability
  • lethargy
  • loss of appetite
  • lump in the neck
  • muscle twitching
  • pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
  • rapid weight gain
  • reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
  • seizures
  • shakiness
  • slurred speech
  • swelling of the eyes or inside of the nose
  • swelling of the face, ankles, or hands
  • trouble breathing
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • vomiting
  • yellow eyes or skin
So if I was you - I'd ring again in the morning and tell them it's more urgent than ruddy Wednesday!

Hi Becky
I would take myself off to the GP today. If it's a side effect of the medication then that needs sorting, but it also needs looking at just in case it's unrelated. If you're in considerable pain it's not a good idea to wait. Let us know how you go on.

So I went to the hospital and they did an ultra sound and it's kidney stones so not diabetes related, although interestingly they wouldn't let me leave until my blood sugar was back up to 4 , my reading was 3.6 - So is this bad, it was 6.2 before starting trulicity it's now near enough half

I'm not sure how the medication you are on works but for a type 1 3.6 is classed as a hypo which is too low, what did the hospital tell you about it x

Not a lot just that it needed to be at least 4 before i can go home and put me on a drip, maybe try and speak to diabetic nurse tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back