Trulicity help weight

tigers12

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi im currently on Trulicity and have been given the higher dose of 1.5mg the nurse says you can lose a bit of weight with this is there anyone else who has this and has lost any weight ?? im also on Humulin

We have a few members who have been posting about Trulicity recently.

Hopefully one of them will be along soon to share their experiences :)

The regular members of this forum seem to be people who put time and effort into managing their diabetes well. I do wonder if this drug is most often prescribed to people who have tried other diabetes medication and perhaps assumed that it will fix them without also making the lifestyle changes needed to improve their diabetes management and overall health. That may explain why those people don't come back to the forum to update or for support.

@tigers12 I hope the medication helps you but please don't expect it to work miracles. You also need to look at whatever steps you yourself can take to improve your lifestyle (diet and exercise) to improve your diabetes management. It is not all about losing weight. There is lots of information and support here on the forum for that and we would be delighted to help you with it.

thought I might of had some response

Yes it’s a shame that those new members who arrive asking about Trulicity don’t seem to stay around to keep us updated. I believe Dulaglutide / Trulicity is a relative newcomer to T2 meds too (2014?), which may explain why fewer of our regulars have been prescribed it than other meds which have been around for decades.

From what I can tell, and from reading others posts nausea seems to be a fairly common side effect.

Wikipedia suggests: “The most common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite.

And perhaps the loss of appetite and nausea might explain weight loss. It sounds like weight loss isn’t a primary function of the medication though - more of a side effect perhaps?

Do you limit the amount of carbohydrates in your meals to help reduce weight and improve BG levels?

Back