Trulicity and travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsClibby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all, apologies if this has previously been asked - I couldn’t locate anything…

I’m due to travel soon and I will need to take one of my Trulicity injections away with me. I’m aware I’ll need a letter from my GP but in terms of the airport / flight etc how do I keep it chilled etc. and what do I do with the used needle while I’m abroad? Do I bring it back in my suitcase and pop in my sharps box when I get home? I’ve only been on it a few months and just want to be prepared.

Thank you

How long are you going away for? Trulicity can be kept at room temperature for 14 days. You can use a frio pouch if it will be very hot at your destination.

You can put it in the sharps bin at home. Put it in a plastic bottle to transport if you’re concerned about it but I don’t think you can touch the needle at all with a trulicity pen?

I’ll be away for 10 days - I didn’t realise they could be kept at room temperature for that long. I’ve bought a little cool bag travel case to pop in my hand luggage with me. Yes you’re right, the needle retracts into the pen once administered and you can’t get to it unless you break the casing.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back