Trulicity and feeling sick - potential cause

ColinP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, and apologies if this is a double post, but I cannot find anything relating to this other than general sickness for the first few weeks of going on to Trulicity.

Anyway, I have been on Trulicity for 5+ years and throughout that entire time have constantly felt a low level sickness especially first thing in the morning - I'd call if feeling constantly "green". It's something I'd pretty much accepted as something I'd have to put up with, but with the recent shortage and being unable to secure my medicine for a period I realised just how much better I felt when not on it. Doctors were reluctant to take us off it as it is working well so when able to secure supply again I went back on it and back came the constant green feeling.

Anyway, back to the point of the post, which I wanted to share in case anyone else is having the same experiences - I have now been able to isolate a second influencer, which seems to work in combination with the Trulicity to produce this side effect. Believe it or not - Tea. For the last 3 weeks I have stopped drinking Tea, the sickness has gone away entirely.

If anyone else is experiencing this, it might be worth a try.

Isn’t this the aim of trulicity? That like ozempic etc it makes you feel full / a bit sick so that you eat less?

Isn’t this the aim of trulicity? That like ozempic etc it makes you feel full / a bit sick so that you eat less?
That is absolutely not the way these drugs work. The mechanism relates to appetite/craving reduction. Nausea maybe a side effect of the drug, but this is seperate from the appetite reduction.

Hi, Supressing your appetite is part of the aim of the drug, yes, and you would expect to feel the effects if you over eat. However it is not the aim that you feel ill 24/7/365 regardless of whether you have eaten or not, which is what I was experiencing.

Back