True Metrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Went through about 17 strips tonight to get a reading before tea,then after tea and my evening walk
Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with these strips?
E2 keeps coming up and my hands are like pin cushions trying to get a reading
E2 is ‘Sample not detected or using wrong strip’
Well it’s the correct strips and the blood is going up

I would guess that perhaps the sample is insufficient or you are perhaps shaking and the end of the test strip is dipping in and out of the blood spot causing an air lock in the sample channel in the test strip. I tend to steady the test meter and strip against another finger on the same hand as is being sampled whilst I touch the end of the test strip to the blood, to give it more stability.
Another issue can be introducing the sample before the test strip is ready for it or not holding the end of the test strip to the blood long enough until the meter beeps. Maybe watch some You Tube tutorials for the True Metrix to get an idea of how best to do it. It very much comes down to developing a good technique.

I would guess that perhaps the sample is insufficient or you are perhaps shaking and the end of the test strip is dipping in and out of the blood spot causing an air lock in the sample channel in the test strip. I tend to steady the test meter and strip against another finger on the same hand as is being sampled whilst I touch the end of the test strip to the blood, to give it more stability.
Another issue can be introducing the sample before the test strip is ready for it or not holding the end of the test strip to the blood long enough until the meter beeps. Maybe watch some You Tube tutorials for the True Metrix to get an idea of how best to do it. It very much comes down to developing a good technique.
Thanks for your reply…I’ve had no bother until this new carton of strips so wondered if it could be a bad batch but it is possibly just ME

Thanks for your reply…I’ve had no bother until this new carton of strips so wondered if it could be a bad batch but it is possibly just ME
Do you have any Test Solution for checking your batch?

Went through about 17 strips tonight to get a reading before tea,then after tea and my evening walk
Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with these strips?
E2 keeps coming up and my hands are like pin cushions trying to get a reading
E2 is ‘Sample not detected or using wrong strip’
Well it’s the correct strips and the blood is going up

I bought one of these when I was first diagnosed and had a lot of problems getting enough blood on the strip for it to work. It seemed like a finger-full. Expensive strips, as well, so I ditched it and went with the Countour Blue.

I’ve had no bother until this new carton of strips so wondered if it could be a bad batch
Could be. I seem to remember some test strips have been recalled for similar reasons (though not True Metrix ones as far as I remember). (I think more commonly they're recalled because of inaccuracy caused by some manufacturing error but I seem to remember there was one fault where the blood wasn't being taken up.)

Could be. I seem to remember some test strips have been recalled for similar reasons (though not True Metrix ones as far as I remember). (I think more commonly they're recalled because of inaccuracy caused by some manufacturing error but I seem to remember there was one fault where the blood wasn't being taken up.)
The blood is being taken up,seems to go up really quickly then up comes E2‍♂️

I bought one of these when I was first diagnosed and had a lot of problems getting enough blood on the strip for it to work. It seemed like a finger-full. Expensive strips, as well, so I ditched it and went with the Countour Blue.
Think I may have to consider that then as it is so frustrating putting the strip in,going through the procedure then up comes E2…Aghhhhh

I wonder if you are trying to apply too much blood as it only needs the tiniest drop of blood, certainly less than a pin head.
It says 0.5 microlitres which is about the size of a full stop made with a ball point pen.
You have checked the strips are in date and your battery is OK.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having such a frustrating time with your meter @Noggin the nogg :(

Taking a BG reading is a faff at the best if times, but doubly wearing if the tech plays up :(

Perhaps it is just a duff pot of strips? If you decide to abandon the True Metrix, once you’ve worked through the supplies you have two of the favoured ‘no frills’ reliable meters which are popular on the forum are the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 - which both have relatively affordable test strips at £10ish for 50

I had a similar nightmare with my first meter Wich was gulco areo 2k I found it difficult to use because of the way it needed to be used I had to bring the blood to test strip(I had also at first thought I had to spear the blood on the test striop the hospital hadn't shown me how to test!). Once I switched to meters that allowed bring the test strip to the blood sample I was fine so maybe it is a case of a different meter would work better for you.

Well done Leadinglights
You cracked it…I’ve been putting enough blood on the strip to feed a vampire(if the vampire has diabetes too)
Your ‘full stop from a pen’ worked a treat
Only my second month since diagnosed so still got a lot to learn,but this is certainly the place to be taught
Many thanks to everyone who posted and pleased to say that is that problem sorted

Only my second month since diagnosed so still got a lot to learn,but this is certainly the place to be taught
It does take a while before you become confident in doing this kind of thing. Took me a few goes when I last switched glucose meters (in retrospect it's obvious which way the strips should be inserted but they're new and I didn't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back