Trigger Finger - anyone got/had it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALSHOT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,
I've recently been to the GP and been told I have Trigger finger (just my left hand, middle finger/knuckle). At the moment I try to sleep with a straight hand but always wake up with my finger curled and locked.
I've been refered to a hand/arm clinic, to be seen in about a months time.
In the meantime does anyone have or had trigger finger? I've done the reading on it and it's symptons/progression but does anyone know of anything to be done to ease it? I've seen gloves on the web that are meant to keep your hand straight, but it just looks like any old glove but for ?20.
thanks

Hello,
I've recently been to the GP and been told I have Trigger finger (just my left hand, middle finger/knuckle). At the moment I try to sleep with a straight hand but always wake up with my finger curled and locked.
I've been refered to a hand/arm clinic, to be seen in about a months time.
In the meantime does anyone have or had trigger finger? I've done the reading on it and it's symptons/progression but does anyone know of anything to be done to ease it? I've seen gloves on the web that are meant to keep your hand straight, but it just looks like any old glove but for ?20.
thanks

Hi, I had it (left hand too) when i was 11 (now 54!) I played the piano at the time and my tacher told me to put my hand in wanr water and massage the finger straight. However, it didn;t do much and I had to have the tendon release by day surgery - its been fine ever since.

sorry to upset you, but Margaret Thatcher had one too! 😱

Hi yes I had trigger finger a few years back had day surgery to fix it. It was my left hand ring finger.

how did they sort it from day surgery? I've read a technique where they inject to open the tube or do a traditional Op where they cut into the hand.

how did they sort it from day surgery? I've read a technique where they inject to open the tube or do a traditional Op where they cut into the hand.

I expect the techniques are quite different now, from when I had my surgery - but it was just a small cut in the palm of my hand - three stitches. Good luck anyhow!

i had it about 2 years ago. came from the constant use of my finger for things like (not kidding you) firing my pistol and also drill work with it.

when i had the op it was under day care and it took all of about 30mins max!!! tiny cut in palm and released the tendon. then 4 stitches to close the wound.

thanks, sounds a relatively simple procedure. Anyone know why IDDs are more susceptible to Trigger Finger? How would sugars affect the tendons?

Diabetics are also prone to 'frozen shoulder'! Dont know the reasons why! Bev

Diabetics are also prone to 'frozen shoulder'! Dont know the reasons why! Bev
Really! Where did you nhear that? Haven't got a frozen shoulder, but I think its bordering on the arhtritic....:(

Hi,
I have had 2 ops on my frozen shoulder and at the second the consultant assumed i was a diabetic as apparently there are studies into the link between the 2! I explained i wasnt, but that my son was - and he said there could be a genetic link! Lots of his patients are diabetics.😡 Bev

Hi Bev,

Hi,
I have had 2 ops on my frozen shoulder and at the second the consultant assumed i was a diabetic as apparently there are studies into the link between the 2! I explained i wasnt, but that my son was - and he said there could be a genetic link! Lots of his patients are diabetics.😡 Bev

You poor thing - I've just had a quick look on the net - it sounds very painful. Think I just have 'wear and tear' - shoulder is a bit clicky and achy at times - bit like my knees LOL!

Hope you escape the diabetes...

Hi Bev

I have had both frozen shoulder, and trigger finger, first ring figer left hand and then middle finger right hand. I also had understood that diabetics were prone to frozen shoulder. Don't know what the figures are, probably quite a small number, because I'm sure that there are diabetics that are walking around completely free of frozen shoulders, and trigger fingers, who will be thinking, what are they talking about. It would be interesting to know the statistics that this thought has emerged from. My trigger fingers were diagnosed as duputrens contracture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back