Tried to be good but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellaa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well went to a birthday party tonight, and they had lots of party food and sweets.
Had the normal party food, carbs etc.
had a couple of sweets, got home and went out to get some capri sun's for emergencies when im out and got a chocolate bar for me and some other chocolates for my parents.
came home ate the chocolate bar thought, i'd better give insulin for that and the other stuff but i think i mighta OD on the insulin front cause i have just gone down to 2.8.
2 biscuits and a glass of orange juice later, i'm started to feel better.
tried to be good alas it didn't go to plan.
hmph.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the occasional treat, just get back on track tomorrow and all will be well!

No harm hun a little bit fo what you fancy and all that x

It can be so difficult to get the insulin right, you would have felt brilliant if you'd only gone down to 5, so try not to worry about it - just one of those tricky ones! Hope you have lovely levels tomorrow! 🙂

I know that feeling sooo well!

Problem is with injecting for chocolate the sugar is so fast acting and peaks so soon, that often you can inject what you think is right, but if you don't eat some carbs, they'll drop too low. (I know you said you had carbs at the party, but I'm wondering if maybe they'd been consumed too long before the chocolate to help combat it)...I'm no expert at all lol so others please feel free to correct me if I've got this completely wrong!

Hope you enjoye dht treat, we don't have them often. Everyone does it from time to time. I hope you are feeling Ok and not suffering too much for it.

Hope you had a good time at the party. Did you dance? Dance = exercise, so maybe you had too much insulin and hypo'd because of that.
Carol went to a party last week and she came home 21.2. I asked her what she'd had to eat and she reckoned not much. Eventhough she was 21.2, she ate something before bed and she woke up 3.2 in the morning. I think she didn't notice the hypo, hence came home that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back