TriCare needles shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalwar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
TriCare hypodermic insulin needles for pre-filled / reusable pen injectors screw on 4mm/32gauge (Owen Mumford Ltd)

Anyone else having problems with getting theses needles.Been having issues getting my insulin as well can get it but there delays.I was told because of heat wave what happened to fridges lol.

TriCare hypodermic insulin needles for pre-filled / reusable pen injectors screw on 4mm/32gauge (Owen Mumford Ltd)

Anyone else having problems with getting theses needles.Been having issues getting my insulin as well can get it but there delays.I was told because of heat wave what happened to fridges lol.
Hi,

I've not had any supply issues with insulin (humalog and tresiba) fingers crossed or for the needles. The only time i've had any issues was for the Freestyle Libre last year when libre 2 came out.

Hi. Is there any reason why you are prescribed those particular needles. Just wondering if they could dispense an alternative brand. It is a while since I ordered any but never had any problem getting GlucoRx CarePoint 4mm 32gauge needles.
Which insulin are you having problems sourcing? If your own pharmacy can't fulfill your prescription then they should give you a copy to take to other pharmacies to obtain what you need. It is usually more a question of the pharmaceutical supplier being low on a produce for some reason rather than a manufacturing issue, so another pharmacy may have plenty of stock. When I had problems sourcing HRT, I just sat down with a list of all the local oharmacies and their telephone numbers and rang round until I found one which had the item I needed.... asked them to hold it for me and headed off there pronto to get it.

I tried three different local pharmacist none had thoses needles not had for weeks at the suppliers.

insulin I on is Toujeo double star.

I tried three different local pharmacist none had thoses needles not had for weeks at the suppliers.
Then they need to supply you with an alternative. This may involve going back to your GP practice and explaining the problem or the pharmacy may be happy to just prescribe you with an alternative brand and make a note of it on their system. At the end of the day, they are essential items, so the matter needs to be resolved and you may have to be politely pushy to get it sorted.

I already been back to GP so matter waiting for them to sort it out.

Hope you can get some alternative needles without too much faffing about @Totalwar

It can add quite a lot to the stresses of a week to have to chase around after diabetes gubbins.

Makes you really appreciate when it all just happens smoothly and with minimum effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back