Triage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Oh, I really hate this word now! In fact I am beginning to hate it as much as I hate the word Covid. My hatred of Covid is not related to the virus specifically but how it became a get out clause. The first time it caused an additional four-month delay is attempting angioplasty to my left leg and then we'll over a year's delay in having revision surgery after the initial amputation went pear shape!

I believe the word Triage originates from the Voting Software for Fault-Tolerant Aircraft Flight Control Systems (VSFTAFCS for short) for if you have two contradictory signals you cannot make a decision! Again, and this is my belief, my understanding the term Triage came into use when deciding the best course of action for serious medical decisions (such as were stents [lots of them] or bypasses the best for me). It then spilt over into A&E when it became overloaded as GPs started working office hours. Recently I have seen it in two letters starting "We gave triaged this gentleman... " when in at least one it was clear that no discussion was involved. In fact usually if we are discussed as an ongoing patient it is a Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT). I suppose it is all part of the ongoing trend of waffling before getting to the point!

Yes i get fed up with oh it will be didcussed at the next MDT meeting with a disclaimer if nothing more seious takes priority Then its none of the appropriate staff were in attendance. So when will it be done ?
its all time delaying to keep them being able to say yes after MDT we have a 99% chance of achieving things . yes but its taken 3 yrs to get an MDT.
So hugs i get it. Triage just another word to you to stay until we can get someone meanwhile whats easiest to achieve well get full marks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back