Tresiba & very high sugars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy56

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All I’m in Bedfordshire btw.
Since Tresiba has been unavailable I’ve been given a Novapen 6 and use 75 units daily.
Same insulin just set ups different.
Instead of throwing out the empty Tresiba pen
You open the Nova pen take cartridge out and put new one in. Keep the same pen.

I was on Ozempic for two years and was very poorly and I spoke to my nurse and stopped.
It has nasty side effects for some people.

Since that and changing pens my sugar is over 15mmls up to 29 mls on a daily basis. So I feel even worse now.
All the nurse did on our last phone appointment was increase my Gliclazide. It’s made no difference. I’m at a loss. No one seems bothered about it. 18 mlls today
I’ve never had high blood pressure and the last week or so that’s gone high aswell.
I am worried and can’t get to speak to a Dr ( not that they know much about diabetes)
Best Wishes to All
Maddy

It’s good you’ve got a re-useable pen for your Tresiba @Maddy56 🙂 Have you recently had a Covid vaccination? That can cause higher sugars.

What are you eating on an average day? Perhaps you actually need a bolus/fast/mealtime insulin now as well? That would help get your blood sugar down and would also allow you to do correction doses if necessary.

How’s your blood sugar today @Maddy56 ? What dose of Gliclazide are you on? Perhaps your meds need another tweak from the nurse?

Hi All I’m in Bedfordshire btw.
Since Tresiba has been unavailable I’ve been given a Novapen 6 and use 75 units daily.
Same insulin just set ups different.
Instead of throwing out the empty Tresiba pen
You open the Nova pen take cartridge out and put new one in. Keep the same pen.

I was on Ozempic for two years and was very poorly and I spoke to my nurse and stopped.
It has nasty side effects for some people.

Since that and changing pens my sugar is over 15mmls up to 29 mls on a daily basis. So I feel even worse now.
All the nurse did on our last phone appointment was increase my Gliclazide. It’s made no difference. I’m at a loss. No one seems bothered about it. 18 mlls today
I’ve never had high blood pressure and the last week or so that’s gone high aswell.
I am worried and can’t get to speak to a Dr ( not that they know much about diabetes)
Best Wishes to All
Maddy
How’s your blood sugar today @Maddy56 ? What dose of Gliclazide are you on? Perhaps your meds need another tweak from the nurse?
Hi Inka.
Thankyou for your reply. Yes I did have a covid and flu jab a few weeks ago.
I’ll mention Bolus to that nurse next time she rings.
Thanks for your help.
Today I slept all morning and sugars were 13.5 at 1pm. Yeah I definitely need another tweek.
I take 80 mg Gliclazide. Two morning and two evening.
Kind wishes
Maddy

You’d feel better if you could get those sugars down @Maddy56 I hope you get support to do so. It could be the Covid vaccination - that would be an easy answer if it went away - but you might well need an adjustment to your medication. Sometimes people just do, through no fault of their own.

Good luck and do let us know how things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back