Tresiba Shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylkwood

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We know about the shortage of

Tresiba Flextouch 100units/ml solution for injection 13ml pre-filled pens​

But my Diabetic nurse claims that the 200units/ml are readily available has supposedly switched me to this and sent a request to my pharmacy. Does anybody know if this is correct or is the pharmacy going to tell me they cannot get these as well ?.

Many thanks for any replies.

I don't know about this but there has never been a shortage of the Tresiba cartridges for reusable pens.
Unless you have a dexterity problem which would mean you cannot change a cartridge, this would be an ideal time to swap to the more robust NovoPens which include reminders of your last dose, take up far less space and produce less waste,

The announcement received by Diabetes UK in June does specify that the shortage relates to 100u/ml prefilled pens, so it sounds like you might be OK with either penfill cartridges and a reusable pen, or to try the u200 ones?

• Tresiba® FlexTouch® (Insulin degludec) 100units/ml pens will be out of stock from August 2023 until January 2024.
  • Tresiba Penfill® (Insulin degludec) 100units/ml solution for injection 3ml cartridges remain available and can support increased demand.

Iv recently been switch to TRESIBA pre filled pens and not had any problem getting them, I got my last prescription on Thursday I was given an extra box from my nurse as a "just in case" but so far no problems. I'm on the 200mls pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back