Tresiba & Levemir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower3333

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone

I’ve been on Tresiba for a number of years but I’m now struggling with it when exercising. I’d like to change back to Levemir but I noticed from google that this is being discontinued. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

No, it’s not correct @Flower3333 I think someone else mentioned seeing this but it proved to be untrue. I can’t remember the details but I guess it was maybe a pen?

I hope they don’t discontinue it in Europe. It is a basal that has particular qualities that make it especially useful. (shorter action and very responsive so you can have different daytime and nighttime doses)

All the ‘new’ ones that are being released seem to be variations on a theme of super-duper-everso-long-lasting, of which there are many alternatives. But only one that acts like Lev :(

It is still very concerning though! The US market will be a huge one and I imagine many Type 2s on insulin will be on the longer acting basal insulins, so just a small percentage of Type 1s on Levemir and many more being moved onto Tresiba and Toujeo or started on them from the members joining the forum. I think Levemir is slightly more expensive.... but worth every penny in my opinion.

I absolutely love my Levemir and I think losing it would be the only thing that would push me towards asking for a pump as my night time needs are very low but daytime is quite high and exercise makes a significant difference to night time levels.

It is still very concerning though!
Yeah I agree, I saw another news report this weekend about the US discontinuing it. Hopefully the impact for novo is not too significant. I expect that if it’s profitable and other countries still buy it they’ll keep making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back