Tree huggers are healthier! The health benefits of tree hugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It has now been confirmed by science that hugging trees can beneficially affect human health by altering vibrational frequency.

Hugging a tree may have gained popularity as a maligned hippy practice, but it has now been validated by science to be incredibly beneficial for both people and the planet. Contrary to popular belief, hugging – or even just being in the vicinity of – a tree can boost one’s health in several ways.

In a recently published book by author Matthew Silverstone, Blinded by Science, evidence confirming trees and their healthful benefits includes their effect on mental illnesses, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), concentration levels, reaction times, depression, and the ability to alleviate headaches.

http://wearewildness.com/the-health-benefits-of-tree-hugging/

I used to love hugging trees when I was little, and ahem when slightly topped up with the wine in later years. These days I go for a flat palm on the trunk, it's more discrete. Always made me feel better :D

Does that mean all Joiners are better off ? Will have to change trades ?

I used to love hugging trees when I was little, and ahem when slightly topped up with the wine in later years. These days I go for a flat palm on the trunk, it's more discrete. Always made me feel better :D

I remember there was a big elm tree in the corner of the schoolyard when I was 5/6 and I used to give it a hug regularly! 🙂 No idea what induced me to do it, but I can picture it now 🙂

I always give trees a pat.:D

I remember there was a big elm tree in the corner of the schoolyard when I was 5/6 and I used to give it a hug regularly! 🙂 No idea what induced me to do it, but I can picture it now 🙂

I always give trees a pat.:D

I'm glad it's not just me, I think my Mum thought I was a bit odd, just have always always loved trees. Still do. Course I also thought that pixies and elves lived in the tree trunks...don't now obviously (well I'm 80% sure they don't, OK maybe 50% sure 😉)

Oh I love trees, looking at them, the smell of them and if I am in the vicinity of one a discreet pat. Maybe we should all come out as tree huggers ? 😉

Oh I love trees, looking at them, the smell of them and if I am in the vicinity of one a discreet pat. Maybe we should all come out as tree huggers ? 😉

Secret tree huggers/patters unite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back