• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Treats /Chocolate / snacks in general

sammeyrach89

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi guys just wondering what your go to treats/chocolates/ snacks are for your little munchkind and also tips on anything I can keep in for him to randomly have as apose to me saying no you will have to wait untill your tea and il will count it with your tea carbs Thanks xx
Fyi I was thinking treats to put in his stocking off Santa. Xxxx

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
We tend to do big meals and pudding for lunch and dinner so that cuts down on snacking but otherwise any snack like a packet of crisps that’s around 10g carbs, or a couple of crackers cheese (or other protein), cooked meats, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt and berries, nuts & dried fruit, a cereal bar (around 10g of carbs). We basically try to keep snacks to a minimum but if they’re hungry they’re hungry. We aim for around 10g of carbs in a snack and to mix some protein in there not just carbs. Sweets are only usually with meals or exercise.

Christmas treats are eaten with a meal rather than on their own (although occasional sweets on their own will be fine).

649tom

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys just wondering what your go to treats/chocolates/ snacks are for your little munchkind and also tips on anything I can keep in for him to randomly have as apose to me saying no you will have to wait untill your tea and il will count it with your tea carbs Thanks xx
Fyi I was thinking treats to put in his stocking off Santa. Xxxx
Our go to snacks are...
Pepperoni
Chicken slices
Babybels
Cheese strings
Cucumber
Peppers
Tomatoes
Carrot
Pistachios
Almonds
Strawberries
Rasberries
Blueberries
Olives

These are our low carb or no carb snacks that we use to coast her through to meal times x

RirisR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
M & S do a range of air dried crisps, e.g. chorizo, peperami at 0.2g of carbs
they are a tad on the expensive side at £1.50 and Asda do choc eclairs which
are low in carbs just two ideas xx