Travelling to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larkin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all. I'm new here and have come with a question around travelling to France, hope you folks can help me. I'm worried about being challenged by security for my needles - will it be enough if I carry a copy of my prescription or do I need something else?

Hi all. I'm new here and have come with a question around travelling to France, hope you folks can help me. I'm worried about being challenged by security for my needles - will it be enough if I carry a copy of my prescription or do I need something else?
The standard advice is to have a letter from your GP or DSN (and they'll have a standard letter). A prescription should also be sufficient (if you can't get a letter in time). Most likely you won't be asked (security will be familiar with the stuff we carry) but it's sensible to have some documentation just in case.

A letter (or copy of your prescription) is useful just in case they ask.
But needles are too small to show up on x-ray scans by security. They are unlikely to notice and, if they do, "diabetes" is the magic word that most accept.

I have flown with needles hundreds of times and they have never queries the needles.
My insulin pens used to be metal and they were picked up. But they are now plastic so no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back