Travelling to Antigua

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellySuffolk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Me and my hubby have booked to go to Antigua in July for 10 days, because of time difference and flight length, I am unsure what to do about taking my metaformin on the flight back (it is an overnight flight), also what injections were recommended because I am diabetic type 2. I have checked and it is a tetanus, typhoid and HEB A, is this still the case being diabetic?

Me and my hubby have booked to go to Antigua in July for 10 days, because of time difference and flight length, I am unsure what to do about taking my metaformin on the flight back (it is an overnight flight), also what injections were recommended because I am diabetic type 2. I have checked and it is a tetanus, typhoid and HEB A, is this still the case being diabetic?
As metformin just works away in the background it will not make much difference in you have a longer gap between taking it so just take as close to when you normally do.
I'm sure there is no reason not to have any of those jabs in fact important that you do. but check with whoever is going to do them just to be sure.

You might like to call the Diabetes UK Helpline @KellySuffolk ? The helpline is open Mon-Fri 9-6 on 0345 123 2399.

Alternatively some high street pharmacies have ‘travel clinics’ where you could ask the qualified pharmacist for up to date information and recommendations.

I can't help with the Metformin timing but I have not found any difference to the recommended jabs for travel due to diabetes.

Your GP should be able to give you advice on your travel requirements for Antigua.

I have spent a lot of time there, and to be honest, those jabs you describe are nothing of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back