Traveling with insuline from foreign country to UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorcengiz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello for everyone 🙂 I am a newbie in forum. But I have a urgent question, so if you help me with your wisdom then I will be really happy. My question is;
1) Can I bring insulin to UK from my country?
2) If I can, then what's the limit of insulin, how much insuline I allowed from UK custom
3) Can I bring my insulin pumps sets and reservoir and what's the quantity limits?

I will stay in UK for 2/3 years for job, so these questions are really important for me. Thanks for everyone. 🙂

Hello for everyone 🙂 I am a newbie in forum. But I have a urgent question, so if you help me with your wisdom then I will be really happy. My question is;
2) If I can, then what's the limit of insulin, how much insuline I allowed from UK custom
3) Can I bring my insulin pumps sets and reservoir and what's the quantity limits?

I will stay in UK for 2/3 years for job, so these questions are really important for me. Thanks for everyone. 🙂
What are the rules regarding flying with insulin and needles etc from where you are now?

i do yacht deliveries all over the world and regularly travel with 3 months of insulin and needles ,always in my cabin baggage so it does not get lost or frozen in the baggage hold.
i have an "Insulin passport" from my GP,that is stamped with the doctor and practise details and lists all my medications.(and a current perscription if i need to get more whilst away.)
in many flights i have only ever been once asked for documentation.
when ever it is passed through Xray i allways inform them there is insulin in the bag.
never had a problem other than cursory inspection by customs sometimes.

rules for other liquids must be adhered to,but insulin in vials or pens no problem
i should think that any quantity would be okay for personal use,and you have a persciption

Last edited:
What are the rules regarding flying with insulin and needles etc from where you are now?
Now I am in Turkey. In my country flying with insulin kits no problem but I am curious about UK rules and customs but @atoll has enlighted me, thanks for all and I am open for all information.

security staff X raying bags see it all the time,so as long as nothing is out of the ordinary i doubt they would even query it

i do yacht deliveries all over the world and regularly travel with 3 months of insulin and needles ,always in my cabin baggage so it does not get lost or frozen in the baggage hold.
i have an "Insulin passport" from my GP,that is stamped with the doctor and practise details and lists all my medications.(and a current perscription if i need to get more whilst away.)
in many flights i have only ever been once asked for documentation.
when ever it is passed through Xray i allways inform them there is insulin in the bag.
never had a problem other than cursory inspection by customs sometimes.

rules for other liquids must be adhered to,but insulin in vials or pens no problem
i should think that any quantity would be okay for personal use,and you have a persciption
@atoll any chance of sneaking me onboard for a freebie holiday?!

thanks for advice 🙂
Not a bad idea to have something from your doctor showing that you are diabetic and that the insulin etc is for you.

I don't think there will be any problem but do come with a doctor's letter to say it's for your use just in case they ask and I always travel with a copy of my prescription as well.

I would think a Drs letter would be a very sensible precaution. And make sure that whatever insulin you are bringing can fit in your hand luggage rather than going in the hold, where low temperatures mean it could freeze and become unusable.

Some airlines allow you to book and bring an extra piece of hand luggage for medical requirements - so check with your carrier if that is something they offer?

I have an insulin passport and a letter from Docs, DSN supplied both.

Count me in @ColinUK and @atoll a friend of mine dos the exact same thing.

You should be ok with your Insulin and any tablets @raptorcengiz, make sure you have
a prescription with you, Docs letter is also a help hope your stay in the UK is as you would expect?
thankyou for joining our forum and thankyou for bringing your talents here, stay safe.

we always need new "Victims" in the delivery business,though current restrictions world wide have put me out of work for the time being!
I’ve never sailed anything larger than a model boat bit I’d certainly be game!

You would have to register with a GP in this country as doubt your insulin would last 3 years before it expired. 3 years worth of pump supplies ???? I would have thought you would overload the plane 😱 :D

You would have to register with a GP in this country as doubt your insulin would last 3 years before it expired. 3 years worth of pump supplies ???? I would have thought you would overload the plane 😱 :D
Thanks for reply 🙂
Every six months I'll visit Turkey and bring my needs again 🙂

I have an insulin passport and a letter from Docs, DSN supplied both.

Count me in @ColinUK and @atoll a friend of mine dos the exact same thing.

You should be ok with your Insulin and any tablets @raptorcengiz, make sure you have
a prescription with you, Docs letter is also a help hope your stay in the UK is as you would expect?
thankyou for joining our forum and thankyou for bringing your talents here, stay safe.
Thanks for reply. This week I'll visit my doctor and take prescription with a letter and also I'm happy to be here 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back