Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hepp

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am new to the FreeStyle Libre system and during the training I was warned not to go through the fully body scanners at airports which I completely understand but I can't find any information on whether its ok for the spare sensors I will bet taking to go through hand luggage X-ray machines and wondered if anyone on here has done and had any issues.

go through hand luggage X-ray machines and wondered if anyone on here has done and had any issues.
I think many of us have and have had no problems. (That doesn't mean it's recommended or that you won't have problems.)

I'm on Dexcom and I was advised to not go through the full-body scanners, and to carry spare transmitters in my hand for them to be manually checked. For FreeStyle Libre, I would carry the spares in my hand for them to be manually checked.

I just got back from a Eurostar trip and one way, I walked through the metal detector (not the full-body scanner) they used the hand wand to check the CGM on my arm. The other way, they waved me through (avoiding the metal detector) and they did a swab test for the spares and the one on my arm.

It was easy. I just told them I had medical devices on me and in my hand, and they knew exactly what they needed to do.

I have taken Libre through many X-ray machines.
They have never been queried and always worked fine.
It is important to me to keep personal information, such as any medical conditions, private. Therefore, I do not share that I have diabetes or that I am wearing a CGM with strangers such as airport security.

I am new to the FreeStyle Libre system and during the training I was warned not to go through the fully body scanners at airports which I completely understand but I can't find any information on whether its ok for the spare sensors I will bet taking to go through hand luggage X-ray machines and wondered if anyone on here has done and had any issues.
Hi Hepp
See Finn’s answer below. That has always worked for me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back