Travel - wristbands for type 2 with one dose insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
The item under Travel with Diabetes contains wristbands Type 1 ,Type 2, but not type 2 with insulin. It would be good if I could find somewhere local or on ebay who could make such. Its a shame Diabetes UK dont sell these .

Is that the letter mentioned which I can get from my GP? or something different

I just have one that says insulin dependent diabetes, easily available online

Is that the letter mentioned which I can get from my GP? or something different

No, I meant medical ID you can wear. I have a MedicAlert bracelet. They hold a brief version of my records, my contacts, my consultant, etc, and the bracelet itself has basic info engraved on it that I’ve chosen. I went with MedicAlert because it was recommended by my consultant and I like the reassurance. It also works abroad as they speak multiple languages.

OK Inka gotyer. Ironically somewhere i have 1/2 brothers medical alert necklace . I must look it out. If not I can get one. I take a medicine which doctors should also be aware of. The latter must be kept up in case of accident (unconciousness)

The MedicAlert ones are personalised to you @Jenny105 You have a unique ref number, basic medical info on the actual bracelet, and someone at the end of a phone for further info. Mine sits by my watch on my left wrist. It’s discreet but immediately recognisable to HCPs and clearly marked with the MedicAlert symbol for members of the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back