Travel Insurence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hey, this has possibly been bought up before so I apologize if it has,

I travel a lot and and insurance is costing me quite a lot of money, I usually use the post office because I know they are legit and have very good ratings/reviews from people who have needed to make a claim. However, their prices have definitely increased over the past year so my question is, are there any cheaper legitimate travel insurance companies people use? Who have actually made a successful claim?
There’s a lot of reviews online but it’s all people saying how easy they are to book in the positives and of course the negatives are all rejected claims

Sorry for the long post,

Luke

I use All Clear. I had to claim twice for emergency hypo treatment and both times they paid out with no argument. I also got a nice little payout when our flight was delayed coming back from Barbados even though it gave us an extra night in a beachside hotel!

Useful info as I’m going to book a visit home down under in next few months and have been wondering what do i need to do re insurance. I won’t have a problem when back in NZ as I’m a citizen but it’s the journey and stopover etc. I have no idea on how I cart my insulin etc but am sure I’ll suss that out when time comes ! @Luke let us know if you suss a good deal 🙂 I’ve heard it can be really expensive.

I'm in the process of seeking to renew our annual multi-trip (EU only) policy. This is for two over-70s and one who has T2D and peripheral vascular disease. Quotations varied considerably from £525 to £133.
Price comparison sites can be useful, but it is also worthwhile getting quotes from companies that don't use comparison sites.
Last year we paid £235 with Travel Insurance 4Medical. This year the best quotes have been from HolidaySafe @ £133 and EHICPlus @ £168. But bear in mind these are for EU-only travel.

I'm hanging off making a final decision as I'm hoping that next week my GP will take me off the meds for my T2 and then I'll be able to declare that I'm 'diet controlled' and hoping it might reduce the premium.

Thanks for the info ! Really appreciated. Good luck with the coming off your pills - really hope you get the green light on that 🙂
Happy travels !

Hey, sorry I wasn’t getting notified of reply’s
All clear is pretty cheap, thank you for the advice 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back