Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year i got mine through Planet Earth insurance, i went away for 10 days in Europe and it cost me around the ?20 mark - with them, you have to buy their normal insurance plus a medical top up thing. but for ?20 i was pretty impressed.

the DUK website has one advertised on there, but when i looked at it for my trip last week (prague for 5 days) it was over ?20.

Try Essentialtravel.co.uk, always found them competetive

If you're desperate try the DUK insurance from Heath Lambert, not too cheap, but sensible excess etc.

I have a current account with Natwest and part of the benefits pack is travel insurance, it's pretty comprehensive and they accepted me with no problems or premiums.

Worth asking your bank if they have something similar.

I recently took out travel insurance, and phoned loads of companies, the prices varied HUGELY!! And it's also dependent on whether you take insulin, have high BP, Cholesterol, and/or any complications due to diabetes.

Anyway, the best one I found was with Swinton Insurance, which uses Axa. For me, as I'm a 'no to all the above', there was no extra on top for being diabetic, which wasn't the case with all the companies I tried.

The one advertised on the DUK website was one of the dearest I tried!

xx

I have always used Esure since ringing round loads of people and loads of them always top up for existing medical conditions. Esure is very helpful. I have to say what Jessica really has ie Congenital Hyperinsulinism and explain its treated like type 1 diabetes and they are always really lovely and helpful. I use them every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back