Travel insurance

Wakey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi looking for recommendations for long hall flight insurance with type 1please ?

There’s a little more about the partnership between All Clear and Diabetes UK here

StaySure are pretty good as well. Whoever you go with be 100% honest or they may refuse to pay out. Well controlled Type I should not be an issue.

Well controlled Type I should not be an issue.
Insurance companies do not distinguish between well managed (I refused to suggest it is possible to control diabetes) or poorly managed or brittle or … diabetes.
The only difference is the likelihood you will have to claim but they seem to spread the load of the premium on everyone with diabetes.
They *may* distinguish between types but that’s about it.

Insurance companies do not distinguish between well managed (I refused to suggest it is possible to control diabetes) or poorly managed or brittle or … diabetes.
The only difference is the likelihood you will have to claim but they seem to spread the load of the premium on everyone with diabetes.
They *may* distinguish between types but that’s about it.

It was some years ago but one question went along the lines of "How many times have you needed hospital treatment for either hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia in the last five years or since diagnosed (if less than five years)?". It also asked you how manu units of insulin you took in a day which is fairly irrelevant as it is the control (HbA1c) which is important.

It was some years ago but one question went along the lines of "How many times have you needed hospital treatment for either hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia in the last five years or since diagnosed (if less than five years)?".
That does sound familiar. So maybe they do ask that kind of question after all.

Back