Travel Insurance Advice

JOV

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
As per title what are peoples experience about travel insurance cost companies etc etc

I am currently type 2 on metformin but aim to be diet controlled within 5 months (Hopefully)

I always use All Clear @JOV because they cover pre-existing medical conditions. I’ve found them very good and the price is reasonable for the cover you get. You can get a free quote online.

My experience is that all companies use a mixture of human and computer interface with very strong leaning to the latter. Hence very strong pressure to one to give answers that point to more expensive results.
We often going that the sort of insurance that came with back packages were the best.
Anyone ever tried to claim with likes of barclays, Lloyd's etc....

Like @Inka i have used AllClear fir multi trip insurance.
However, this is because I need the insurance company to take my diabetes into consideration if I have a problem such as losing my bag containing my insulin.
However, if diet controlled type 2 diabetes was my only pre existing condition, I am not sure I would pay the premium for it as it should not impact the cover I expect.

I’d always declare a medical condition @helli because a non-declaration can sometimes be used to not pay out even if the involvement of the medical condition isn’t obvious or likely. If diabetes is excluded, then similar could happen - they try to use it as an excuse not to pay out.

I’d always declare a medical condition @helli because a non-declaration can sometimes be used to not pay out even if the involvement of the medical condition isn’t obvious or likely. If diabetes is excluded, then similar could happen - they try to use it as an excuse not to pay out.
Apologies, I was not clear. I would declare the medical conditions but not chose a more expensive option such as AllClear if there was no treatment which would be affected and I was confident it was well managed.

Thanks I had seen all clear - further question do companies differentiate between levels of T2 i.e diet controlled - Metform (no Risk of Hypo) on to other meds ( like glipizide or Sitagliptin) then then onto Insulin controlled. Or do they just count all T2s together?

If I remember correctly, they ask about meds @JOV so I assume they take all that information into account.

Reactions: JOV
Back