Transition from Tandem Control-IQ Pump to a replacement Control-IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
As one of the earlier users of the Tandem Tslim I have just received its end of warranty replacement, The pump comes with a new User Guide and Quick Start Guides which makes manually setting up the new pumps parameters relatively straight forward. However there was no help on how to transition the Dexcom G6 CGM between pumps. As the G6 only integrates with one medical device this was a little concerning. As it turns out the change was very straight forward once I had found advice on how to make the change. Basically stop the old pumps session by closing it down (put into storage) waiting 20 minutes and then starting the existing senso on the new pump. Within 5 minutes the the CGM reading was displayed on the pump and all was working again.
As I guess more and more pumps will be coming up for renewal, the attached file (hopefully) provides the steps that don't come with the new pump.

Attachments

Thanks Martin.

Good to know the switchover went smoothly.

Had you upgraded the CIQ software on your old tSlim? Or are you getting the little dots on the sensor trace for the first time?

Thanks Martin.

Good to know the switchover went smoothly.

Had you upgraded the CIQ software on your old tSlim? Or are you getting the little dots on the sensor trace for the first time?

That makes me a little irritated with myself. As an ex-software implementation guru I should have commented in my initial post that when receiving your new pump, you should validate that the software release is the same as your original pump. If its not the same you should contact AirLiquide for upgrade documentation so that you are aware of any changes. The new pump is delivered as though it is a new "user" pump and the documentation is therefore new pump based and doesn't account for pump changes which could result in a change in software release.

One week on everything looks the same, and there is no noticeable difference with Time In Range. The only thing that does seem different is the "faster" speed between screens...........however this is probably psychological and the same as a car always seeming to run better when it has had a good wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back