1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer to Belfast

Discussion in 'Entertainment - jokes, quizzes, funny pictures' started by David H, Nov 6, 2011.

1. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    A man was telling his co-worker one day that the company was transferring him to Belfast.
    He explained that he was going to quit before he had to move there.

When asked why, he replied that he was just too afraid of all the violence even though he would be passing up a big salary increase and greater benefits.

His co-worker told him to reconsider.
    Belfast was a magnificent city, with wonderful pubs, loaded with great history, good public transportation, etc.

Then he said: "Why I myself worked in Belfast for almost 10 years, and in all that time I never ever had a problem while I was working.
    The stories about violence are greatly exaggerated"

The first asked, "What did you do over there?"
    "I was tail-gunner on a milk truck."

2. Copepod

Copepod Moderator

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 1
    Almost happened to me for real - I went to Belfast to carry out my MSc research in summer 1998, soon after peace process had started and ceasefire held (apart from Omagh bomb, of course). Once over there, I learned as much about bakery products as my research topic (chemical incidents) and haven't laughed with colleagues as much anywhere else. My course tutor was horrified - he was Dutch and her wife Serbian (civil wars in former Yugoslavia had only just ended) - but fortunately, the head of the course was better informed. His suggestion for bringing peace to Northern Ireland was to propose building an incinerator or nuclear power station in every 10km square in the province - he was only half joking, half serious - so that people would join together to fight the plans, instead of each other.