Train Drivers. Are there any out there who could point us in the right direction please?

Try National Rail Enquiries. Great for trains but not very good on the diabetes.

What do you need support with @mrpw ?

Not sure what your asking there, we use trains fairly often & always use Trainline app for cheap fares.

Opt for mobile tickets to save printing off at stations.

My son, Adult and (t1) wants to be a train driver. He thinks he can't. I think (me too T1) that he can be a driver provided he is well controled.
I would like Train Drivers, who have become drivers since type 1 diagnosis, to help guide us through the process so that we (my son) doest make basic mistakes.
If there are none out there, there may be no point in trying.

Topic has come up before I think. Cannot remember the outcome but a bit of searching might find it.

There have been various rail workers who have started threads on the forum over the years.

This older thread wanders around. little as the thread starter’s diagnosis was in a state of flux - but there may be some links thar help you build a picture

You might also want to call the Diabetes UK Helpline 9-6 Mon-Fri on 0345 123 2399 as they may be able to support you.

People who work trackside seemed to have challenges to meet in terms of ‘safety critical’ duties.

But I get the feeling that a blanket ban isn’t possible - eg T1 airline pilots being a possibility.

Back