TouchOneStyle for Medtronic gardian4 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRE1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I’m hoping someone in the forum has experienced with these. I have purchased the TouchOneStyle adhesive plasters in an attempt to make the sensors stay in place for longer.
The plasters have a hole - does the hole go over the sensor or over the transmitter?
Thanks
RRE

Hi
I’m hoping someone in the forum has experienced with these. I have purchased the TouchOneStyle adhesive plasters in an attempt to make the sensors stay in place for longer.
The plasters have a hole - does the hole go over the sensor or over the transmitter?
Thanks
RRE
Hello @RRE1 ,

I have spoken to the helpline team and we cannot find a clear answer online. Someone will most likely share their experience in the meantime, but it may be helpful to speak to Medtronic for guidance.

I am not familiar with Medtronic sensors but generally the hole in the sensor is to allow for the skin to breath whereas I imagine the hole in the transmitter is for the signal. I would therefore apply it with the hole over the sensor hole to allow the skin to breath as the signal will pass through the patch as it does clothing..... but perhaps @SB2015 can offer some insight as she uses Medtronic Guardian 4 sensors.

I am not familiar with Medtronic sensors but generally the hole in the sensor is to allow for the skin to breath whereas I imagine the hole in the transmitter is for the signal. I would therefore apply it with the hole over the sensor hole to allow the skin to breath as the signal will pass through the patch as it does clothing..... but perhaps @SB2015 can offer some insight as she uses Medtronic Guardian 4 sensors.
Thanks for this advice.I follow your logic and will give it a try when replacing the sensor
RRE

Do you mean type one style? You apply the sensor and transmitter and then put the decorative patch over the top. Their website where you bought them has pictures of what it looks like once applied.

I have used tegaderm over the whole lot, without a hole, where things start to peel away just to secure it for the final days of the sensor. The transmitter will send its signal whatever, but It may be that things get a bit sweaty under the covering. I am not sure where I would leave a hole if I wanted to cut one.

If you need extra stickiness over the sensor and transmitter to get through the full week it is worth it.
Let us know how you get on.

Yes, I meant Type One Style. Unfortunately I have not succeeded in finding a photo of the plaster applied to Gardian sensor.
I am anticipating that the plasters supplied by Medtronic are not used at all and that the Type One Style plaster replaces them.
Thanks for the speedy replies
RRE

Yes, I meant Type One Style. Unfortunately I have not succeeded in finding a photo of the plaster applied to Gardian sensor.
I am anticipating that the plasters supplied by Medtronic are not used at all and that the Type One Style plaster replaces them.
Thanks for the speedy replies
RRE
Did you look at the link I gave above from the Type One Style Guardian sensor cover shop?

Yes! I followed the link you kindly supplied. I had been there before but I did not register that it was the transmitter I was seeing in the photo. I simply perceived it as background!

Thanks so much for following up.
RRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back