Total confused now thanks to db nurses

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
On tuesday i had a hypo strraight after lunch, on wednesday i decided to do a basal test in the afternoon from 1pm to 6pm. I had to stop around 3.30ish may even have been 4pm as the rate i was falling i wouldnt have gotten to dinner time. So i ate a few carbs, went up a little and came back down again. All i did was sit on the settee doing nothing.

From my understandings my basal is too high. DB nurse says no it isnt and to not have insulin with my lunch!

I dropped by half yesterday and same thing happened, but as i was sat at a desk and moving around mininalky i had a chocolate bar and no insuline and i fell at the same rate as wednesday.

She then proceeded to tell me that my lyumjev is lasting longer than 5 hours and that my day to day movement and walk to the shop is not considered in my basal rate calcs.

Im really confused to say the least.

Attachments

• AD3137AC-F8AE-4779-A0F9-00C8513EA851.jpeg
    AD3137AC-F8AE-4779-A0F9-00C8513EA851.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
If you are eating carbs with no bolus then it's rather obvious that your basal is too high, not to sure what planet you nurse is on.

If you are eating carbs with no bolus then it's rather obvious that your basal is too high, not to sure what planet you nurse is on.
Thanks Sue! I mean id have thiught that was pretty darn obvious! I could not get her to grasp that concept. What gets me too is she went away to talk to a colleague about it and came back with that! Dont get me wrong she was a lovely lass but i think very green in her knowledge to say the least.

2359DBAA-1FD5-47C8-BEEE-725B1D8769D3.jpeg And there I have a nice line that even allowed me to walk around and go upstairs to the loo on! Afteroing what she strongly advised me not to do!

View attachment 23943 And there I have a nice line that even allowed me to walk around and go upstairs to the loo on! Afteroing what she strongly advised me not to do!
Glad you sorted it out!
Seriously, a basal that assumes you don't visit the toilet! I do worry about the nurse when they argue against facts and common sense, I've had similar myself and i found it quite upsetting when you ask for help and you get told nonsense

Glad you sorted it out!
Seriously, a basal that assumes you don't visit the toilet! I do worry about the nurse when they argue against facts and common sense, I've had similar myself and i found it quite upsetting when you ask for help and you get told nonsense
It is upsetting and to be honest that advice given to me could have prooved disasterous to me or worse had i taken it.

Oh don't worry, doesn't matter whether you're an Olympic athlete, a meter reader walking 10miles a working day or an elderly housewife nor how much you weigh - every Type one needs exactly the same amount of the same insulin, every day of their lives from age 21 to death .......

Oh don't worry, doesn't matter whether you're an Olympic athlete, a meter reader walking 10miles a working day or an elderly housewife nor how much you weigh - every Type one needs exactly the same amount of the same insulin, every day of their lives from age 21 to death .......
Tee hee! I'd second that point...my insulin ratio seems to have changed from 1: 3.5 in jan to 1:14 now. Dunno what that is all about

I always knew I had the “bad kind” :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back