Tonight's tea.

EMcKT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I fancy stir-fry. Got the veg in the fridge, got the chicken, got the noodles, might NOT have them, got the pack of sauce. It's a tad carby but if I cook and share with his nibs, may I assume that I am having half the carbs on the packet???? Please??????

I was due to meet up with a friend for a Chinese stir fry chicken with veggies. Sadly she is unwell, so plan B was the leg of lamb I roasted today, with 5 different veggies.
Why not give his nibs most of the noodles, just keep a small portion for yourself?

I fancy stir-fry. Got the veg in the fridge, got the chicken, got the noodles, might NOT have them, got the pack of sauce. It's a tad carby but if I cook and share with his nibs, may I assume that I am having half the carbs on the packet???? Please??????
I make my own stir fry sauce, spoonful peanut butter, soy sauce, a bit water to get the consistency right, bit of chilli powder if you like it spicy.
I principal half the carbs. Edamame bean noodles are low carb for future reference.

I find that noodles affect me much less than (for example) pasta or potatoes do in terms of raising blood sugar. Do they tend to affect you lots though?

I had stir fry chicken last night. Bought a large pack of bean sprouts to have instead of noodles. I count half the carbs as I share the dish with dearly beloved.

I thought half as well . Did not have any noodles but lots of veg. Trying to use up packets in the cupboard that were purcharsed fore this malarkey. Friday night is tasty night, going away for a few days next week so using what I have and trying to be economical. Four days in Prague next week , anniversary celebration, absolutely no idea what I shall eat or drink for that matter......now I have a full house for the weekend as well, so much for my long lie and lazy day tomorrow.

I thought half as well . Did not have any noodles but lots of veg. Trying to use up packets in the cupboard that were purcharsed fore this malarkey. Friday night is tasty night, going away for a few days next week so using what I have and trying to be economical. Four days in Prague next week , anniversary celebration, absolutely no idea what I shall eat or drink for that matter......now I have a full house for the weekend as well, so much for my long lie and lazy day tomorrow.
We had a weekend in Prague a few well actually many years ago, it was the beginning of Dec so expected it to be cold but for some reason the weather was so mild the Ice Castle was melting.
The hotel we stayed in had the most amazing breakfast buffet table which must have been 40 feet long, with everything you could imagine.
Other half got pickpocketed on the metro and we spent a couple of hours in the dingiest police station you could imagine. Not sure why we bothered going they could really do anything.
But we really enjoyed the historic buildings and the ambience.
Have a super time.

Cauliflower egg fried 'rice' - with bacon (because very few things are not improved by a bit of bacon!)

Attachments

• 20241011_184144.jpg
    20241011_184144.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 5
We had a weekend in Prague a few well actually many years ago, it was the beginning of Dec so expected it to be cold but for some reason the weather was so mild the Ice Castle was melting.
The hotel we stayed in had the most amazing breakfast buffet table which must have been 40 feet long, with everything you could imagine.
Other half got pickpocketed on the metro and we spent a couple of hours in the dingiest police station you could imagine. Not sure why we bothered going they could really do anything.
But we really enjoyed the historic buildings and the ambience.
Have a super time.
Think I shall have to hunt for the good old bum bag..

Prague is lovely. We found a nice restaurant in Wenceslas Square. Can't remember the name but it had white vaulted ceilings. We had a traditional goulash with raw shredded leeks and horseradish cream. I don't think it had many carbs but it tasted great. Enjoy your anniversary celebrations

Made a big batch of red pepper, butternut squash and sweet potato soup to which I added some left over red pepper hummus and a whole tub of caramelised onion hummus which was in the reduced counter. I will almost certainly regret it as the sweet potato and hummus will send my levels into orbit, but it has made a lovely, thick warming soup. I also made a big pan of ratatouille, with loads of olive oil and a good few glugs of balsamic and swig or two of port and topped it off with mozzarella which was also reduced.
Between the two dishes they have used up a whole net of brown onions and 4 red peppers and a yellow one and a massive courgette (more a marrow) and 2 aubergines and about 6 cloves of garlic and a large butternut squash. That lot should keep be going for a good few days.

Last night on holiday here in Barcalona me and my fiencee went to a fantastic tapas restaurant...it was absolutely delicious food and great ambience all round.

Last night on holiday here in Barcalona me and my fiencee went to a fantastic tapas restaurant...it was absolutely delicious food and great ambience all round.
You sound as if you have had an amazing time in Barcelona as I have done when I visited in the past. However, I am now concerned by the over -touristing and the locals' understandable pushback. Is it better out of season?

Why not prebolus for the carbs you know are in the soup to avoid your orbital trajectory?
I do but I clearly haven't perfected the dosing and timing for them as they were still "giving" at 6am although that is partly because I ate it pretty late. 🙄

I do but I clearly haven't perfected the dosing and timing for them as they were still "giving" at 6am although that is partly because I ate it pretty late. 🙄
There is a very large stock pot of soup for me to practice on though, so perhaps by the time I have eaten it all I will have cracked it! I think having it for lunch rather than supper is probably going to be key.

You sound as if you have had an amazing time in Barcelona as I have done when I visited in the past. However, I am now concerned by the over -touristing and the locals' understandable pushback. Is it better out of season?
Me and my fiencee were worried this would happen as well @helli...but it's been really wonderful and the locals have been fantastic.

There is a very large stock pot of soup for me to practice on though, so perhaps by the time I have eaten it all I will have cracked it! I think having it for lunch rather than supper is probably going to be key.
If you are struggling to finish it Barbara please send it my way. It all sounds delicious :thankyou::D:thankyou:

I love soup and make it a lot. Had homemade veggie soup at lunchtime with two small slices of sourdough toasted. Absolute comfort, but whilst the grandsons wolfed pizza for tea, I had some coleslaw with cheese and salami rolled up.

I had half a wholemeal pitta with my soup. Don't normally eat bread but I had them and the hummus left over from our little horse driving event picnic, so trying to find ways of using them up. Think the soup needs something adding to it. Maybe some chilli or paprika or perhaps Indian spices. Ratatouille is lush though and half gone already. Gone through masses of insulin today with the soup and rat. You would think there are no real carbs in the rat but all those onions and peppers and 2 tins of chopped tomatoes all concentrated down into a sticky, yummy, caramelized goo with the big chunks of aubergines and courgette and celery obviously beefs up the carb content in a portion.

Back