Tomorrow's Meet - FCC Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As come of you will have gathered I commute each day using First Capital (Un)Connected. Will be coming down into St. Pancras tomorrow. There have been problems on the Thameslink route (Bedford to Brighton) for over two weeks (drivers not doing overtime). Currently 50% of trains are cancelled on weekdays ? FCC have introduced an emergency timetable so that they look far better than they are). Tomorrow currently looks as if it will be a normal Saturday service but I would expect a few short notice cancellations. The service will not be running through Central London meaning that trains from the north will terminate at St. Pancras and trains from the south at London Bridge. On the Great Northern Route from Cambridge/Peterborough to Kings-X it is a normal Saturday service but I would expect the odd cancellation.

Thanks Falcon. Doesn't affect me, although we might be affected by something else, I know katie is having to catch a replacement bus from Bournemouth. That's what bugs me about this country, you can never be confident of travelling anywhere off your own patch because of strikes, engineering, roadworks, weather blah blah! Drives me mad!😡😉

Oh no- for Katie-----

I went to Weymouth last saturday from London Paddington via Bath Spa and then down to weymouth because of that link being down between southampton and bournmouth at the weekend, I was told the bus replacement service is unreliable?

I came back on wednesday the normal route through B-mouth and southampton into wloo (the tunnel works are only the weekend) which was fine.

Katie if you are worried or the replacement bus doesnt run late you are welcome to stay over at my gaff.

id suggest maybe ringing them up , in the past we have had to rely on a bus replacement when we have travelled down to Poole to see o/hs mum .

Good luck to anyone travelling tomorrow, and good luck for meeting up. Sorry I can't make it, a friend is bringing her new baby to show me, so I have to be nice about babies for a few of hours....

Yes it's very annoying, it's going to take an hour just to get to southampton, grr. I'm getting the earlier service to soton in case the bus is late.

Oh no- for Katie-----

I went to Weymouth last saturday from London Paddington via Bath Spa and then down to weymouth because of that link being down between southampton and bournmouth at the weekend, I was told the bus replacement service is unreliable?

I came back on wednesday the normal route through B-mouth and southampton into wloo (the tunnel works are only the weekend) which was fine.

Katie if you are worried or the replacement bus doesnt run late you are welcome to stay over at my gaff.

Thanks for the offer Lou 🙂 I should be fine though, as long as I get back to southampton ok, i'm sure my mum would pick me up from there (grudgingly!) if it comes to it :D

I'm used to replacement bus services and spending my life on trains, I used to go to Newbury most weekends!

I've met some "clubbers" who frequent the Newbury scene!! I'll say no more😉

I've met some "clubbers" who frequent the Newbury scene!! I'll say no more😉

hahahhahaha oh my god. I can imagine what they are like 😛 I went a couple of times and it was horrible - everyone was very young and umm... yeah, the c word. I don't like to say it 😉 (the one ending in v btw).

hahahhahaha oh my god. I can imagine what they are like 😛 I went a couple of times and it was horrible - everyone was very young and umm... yeah, the c word. I don't like to say it 😉 (the one ending in v btw).

thanks for clearing that up Katie!!

Ahem!!!!!!!!!

I do rail replacement work and it's highly organised and connections are almost guaranteed.

If I was travelling on Saturday I would use the National Rail Enquiries journey planner:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/jp

Get to your station in good time so you can be sure of being on the correct bus at the correct time.

thanks for clearing that up Katie!!

Now THAT'S a word I never say. Although I have a friend who says it alot and she dared me to shout it out in the uni bar during my first year when I was even more innocent than I am now! I don't like turning down dares 😛

Ahem!!!!!!!!!

I do rail replacement work and it's highly organised and connections are almost guaranteed.

If I was travelling on Saturday I would use the National Rail Enquiries journey planner:

Get to your station in good time so you can be sure of being on the correct bus at the correct time.

hehe thanks Tez. They do always get you there, it's just the time it takes is double the time of a train.

hehe thanks Tez. They do always get you there, it's just the time it takes is double the time of a train.

As you're getting the train with Northerner at Southampton I guess you might want to get the earlier service to guarantee you meet up OK.

As you're getting the train with Northerner at Southampton I guess you might want to get the earlier service to guarantee you meet up OK.

Yep, I'm getting the bus that gets there at 9.19 - I need time to get my megatrain ticket once I get to southampton 🙂

Originally Posted by brightontez
Ahem!!!!!!!!!

Sadly I have found the service quite poor. A few months ago I inquired about a journey the day before. When I got to the station the next day it was all change. I complained and was told that the information had been correct when it was given to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back