Tolorence Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Holborn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Booked a fasting blood test this morning for my yearly review, asked if I can have a Glucose Tolorence Test at the same time, as suggested by Doc at my six monthly. Appointment is on 29th at 11:40, I don't mind that, it was the receptionist attitude about the GTT. "It's to late in the day". She said. "You realise that you have to hang about for two hours for the second test, which is to long for a diabetic to go without food". Explained the reason for the test, Doc thinks I may have been misdiagnosed, and that I want to find out for sure, and I have no problem with the wait.
She hummed and err'd for a bit then said she would get the DN to phone me. Now waiting on the phone call.

Hope you get the test despite or inspite of the recpetionist. It will give you confirmation that you are or aren't diabetic.

Even if you're not, I hope you'll come back and see us to let us know how you got on.

Hi good luck and hope you get the test , you need to know for sure one way or another.

It seem to me that incredible rudeness is part of the job description for medical receptionists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back