Told I was a T2 potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozabog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Should I worry? Testing with the finger prick device over some weeks shows up between 6 and 11.
But I feel ok? Diets good. 93kg always. No matter what I do. Oh yes, 77.
Hmmm.

Those levels are a bit high if your diabetes is well managed, you would normally expect to be in the range 4-7mmol/l fasting or before meals and no more than 8-8.5mmol/l 2 hours after meals so you can see a reading of 11 is not too good.
You may well feel ok in the moment but long term is not so good as it will be pushing your HbA1C up.
You say your diet is good but many think that but it actual fact it is far too high in carbohydrates for someone with Type 2 diabetes to tolerate.
As you have a monitor it would be helpful to you if you do some strategic testing, before you eat and after 2 hours, you don't want to see more than a 2-3mmol/l increase if you do then your meal is too carb heavy.

Hi do you mean you’re at risk? I presume so? Readings wise @Leadinglights has given you some excellent guidance. Have you calculated your bmi? That would indicate a little bit more about risk factors than your weight, there are many factors that can be part of why we become pre diabetic and diabetic. This page might help: https://riskscore.diabetes.org.uk/start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back