Toes Vs fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Last night I spent a lot of my time naked footed walking around a garden having a drink, at one point I was sitting down and thought I'd better test myself and at that moment I could see my toes, so I thought what the hell, why not! I think there have been discussions on here about it but not sure what people said. Afterwards I tested my finger as normal.

Toe said 9.4
Finger said 10.3

Any thoughts?

Brain said - More beer?

Yeah i started a thread about this Rossi a while ago and some said yay and some nay i tryed it for about 2 days but i found it painful and went back to my finger, i guess im worried i cause any damage and id hate that especially as we need to look after them, i guess its personal choice.

This is the thread i started
http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=6974&highlight=toes

Last edited:
haha ive never thought about testin ur toes but hey whats the harm ? lol

xxx

Vic - more beer & anything I could lay my hands on was had, hence the bar stool behind my eyes even now!

Cheers Steff good read!

Loz - yeah it didn't hurt at all so I don't see the harm, but reading Steff's older thread most people don't recommend it!

Cheers y'all

Rossi 🙂

Hmmm never really thought about testing my toes lol i think i shall stick to fingers....less bending 😛

I have a lot of tummy and not much bend in my waist, so it is almost impossible for me to do anything to my feet.My feet are very sensitive to heat, cold, being touched, poked or proded. It is just about all I can stand (well sit down for) to get hubby to trim my toe nails after a bath or foot washing!

when Ben was diagnosed he was in hospital for a week and it was almost always his toes they used - dont know if it was just easier to get at them amongst all the lines and what have you but I've often wondered since then if I could do them to give his wee fingers a break though haven't ever been brave enough!

Haha... The thought of you just staring at your toes and having a light bulb moment tickled me! :D

I've never thought to test my toes and not sure I ever would... Not really sure why though!

Vic - more beer & anything I could lay my hands on was had, hence the bar stool behind my eyes even now!

Cheers Steff good read!

Loz - yeah it didn't hurt at all so I don't see the harm, but reading Steff's older thread most people don't recommend it!

Cheers y'all

Rossi 🙂

dont think i want to know what the other thread said lol 😛 xx

The only problem I can think of is dirt on your feet possibly causing a false reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back