toenail surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well had my nail removed this morning it went realy well,apart from having panic attack whilst he was sticking the needle in my toe to numb it ,i new that bit would hurt as ive had it done before ,but tonight i had a huge problem with injecting my novo thought i was going to have another panic but i did manage to calm my self down and do it,steves got to do all house work and cooking while im sat with my feet up:D.

Hey carole glad you had the surgery and it well ok, i dont blame you r.e the panic attack id of been the exact same, i bet steve is loving the fact he gotta do the housework he may prove to you he can actually do it hehe.We have a member called emma31 who has just found out she needs surgery it may be a good idea for you two to have a chat so she can ask you stuff? x

p.s now i think of it i dont think she is having it off and may just be having some removed..

Last edited:
Glad to hear it went well Carole 🙂 They've been threatening me with that! Hope you are up and about again soon so you can get all that housework done 😉

Luckily for me steve is trained realy well,he was a single parent when we met,he made me a lovely prawn curry tonight (sainsburys frozen) 9 minutes in the micro🙄 but seriously he is very good round the house and he had just come in from work.

Luckily for me steve is trained realy well,he was a single parent when we met,he made me a lovely prawn curry tonight (sainsburys frozen) 9 minutes in the micro🙄 but seriously he is very good round the house and he had just come in from work.

Good man can he be rented out?
Id prefer a chicken curry to prawn though steve 😛:D

Good man can he be rented out?
Id prefer a chicken curry to prawn though steve 😛:D
When you have finished with him Steffie send him round here - chicken will be fine but no rice ta.
Hope your toe feels tickety boo soon Caroleann. xx I have a dodgy one too but for now it's ok to stay put they say.

Glad to hear it went well Carole 🙂 They've been threatening me with that! Hope you are up and about again soon so you can get all that housework done 😉

Hi northener just want to say if you are offered it have it done i highly reccomend it after having big toes done it was a blessing to be able to wear normal shoes again i can even wear stiletto's now.
if you can have it done in the summer though

Glad the surgery went well. Hope you are back to normal soon and that STeve is doing a good job with the house work.

Hi Carole

Hope you feel OK today - leave the stilletos for a while though - take full advantage of Steve while you can😉

Get well soon xxx

Hi northener just want to say if you are offered it have it done i highly reccomend it after having big toes done it was a blessing to be able to wear normal shoes again i can even wear stiletto's now.
if you can have it done in the summer though

Thanks Carole. I haven't gone for it (in my case a partial nail removal) because they told me I wouldn't be able to walk properly, let alone run, for several weeks afterwards. I can still endure the stilettos for those 'special' nights 😉

Hey carole glad you had the surgery and it well ok, i dont blame you r.e the panic attack id of been the exact same, i bet steve is loving the fact he gotta do the housework he may prove to you he can actually do it hehe.We have a member called emma31 who has just found out she needs surgery it may be a good idea for you two to have a chat so she can ask you stuff? x

p.s now i think of it i dont think she is having it off and may just be having some removed..

Hey I'm only having the side of my toe nail removed along with the skin to the side of it and I'm still *beep* myself. I'm glad that the op went okay for you carole I've got a couple of questions - is it very painful and have you been given any painkillers to take ? x

Hey I'm only having the side of my toe nail removed along with the skin to the side of it and I'm still *beep* myself. I'm glad that the op went okay for you carole I've got a couple of questions - is it very painful and have you been given any painkillers to take ? x

Hi the only painfull bit for me is when the stick the needle in to freeze the toe but im a big baby anyway, i had the same was as your having a couple of years ago on both my big toes so i can assure you if its that painful i would run in the other direction as fast as possible, can take pain killers but not asprin based but i did,nt need any last time and havent needed any this time Yet mind you when i kicked the step this morning i did find a very explicite swear word did help ease the pain some:D.
Im sure you will be fine,let us know how it goes.

I think you have been really brave I hate anyone coming near me with a needle ,absolutly hate it. The podiatrist told me yesterday that I may need toe nail surgery but if I change to lace up shoes and Velcro then I may be ok...........so I've got to stop wearing all of lovely flat sensible shoes that are clearly not sensible enough and I've got them in a range of great colours! Podiatrist did a minor procedure on my toe yesterday so I'm hoping that when I go back in 4 weeks it will be ok.

Just had a look at my toe and it looks pretty good hardly any reness or swealing just looks like i got dark nail polish on it,its not even painful naturaly a little sore but i hae had paper cuts that have hurt more.
carole

Just had a look at my toe and it looks pretty good hardly any reness or swealing just looks like i got dark nail polish on it,its not even painful naturaly a little sore but i hae had paper cuts that have hurt more.
carole

Good news Carole, sounds very promising for a quick recovery! 🙂

Had dressing changed today and they say its healing realy well,the best news is i can now get a bath ,YAY.🙂

Had dressing changed today and they say its healing realy well,the best news is i can now get a bath ,YAY.🙂

wondered what the smell was carole :D only joking ....

Good news its healing well

wondered what the smell was carole :D only joking ....

Good news its healing well

You think the smell is bad your end Steffie you should be down here not even the dogs would sit next to me hehe,Sereously though i hate strip washes esspecialy in my bathroom not enough room to swing a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back