Toenail is falling off

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do?

Have you torn the nail or has it been working up to falling off for some time? Is it hurting at all, or just awkward?

What should I do?
Don’t remove it, look out for infection but if it’s all healthy and you just caught it then it will regrow

Don’t remove it, look out for infection but if it’s all healthy and you just caught it then it will regrow
I lost a whole toenail due to fungus. Fortunately it grew back fine. I spent quite a bit of time checking it each day to make sure it grew back cleanly (without ingrowing).

I lost a whole toenail due to fungus. Fortunately it grew back fine. I spent quite a bit of time checking it each day to make sure it grew back cleanly (without ingrowing).
I lost a whole one due to walking into my instrument case (left out to be prepared for an early morning gig) in the middle of the night. Grew back fine but the nurse I saw did say if it happens again leave it on if it’s partly on, to protect it, and just examine it regularly.

Grew back fine but the nurse I saw did say if it happens again leave it on if it’s partly on, to protect it, and just examine it regularly.
Yes, I was careful to wash and dry mine regularly, but ultimately it just disintegrated. But yes, safer if you can keep some of it.

Glad you got it seen to and there was no infection @Stiggy 🙂

Good news on the No infection. Well done that GP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back