Toe Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Noon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I have a infection in one of my toes can I insist the chiropodist freeze,s my toe prior to her doing anything to it as I had asked a chiropopodist to do this on a toe earlier in the year and she refused and it caused me some unbearable amount of pain
Thank you and hope you are all keeping well

Not sure how these things work, ask for a local pain killer and see what she says. Say you were in unbearable pain last time you had it treated and don't want to go through that again.

If there is no one who is able to administer a local anasthetic it may mean a trip to the hospital.

I think another consideration might be if you are driving and the effect even a samll injection might have on your reaction time.

Find out anyway as there is no harm in asking. The best person to ask is the podiatrist or at the clinic you go to.

I had a problem with ingrowing toe nails some years ago and one of the toes became badly infected and I had to be put on antibiotics to clear it up, but due to the infection my chiropodist told me she was unable to give me a local because you can't inject into an infected area with anesthetic.

PS: My chiropodist used an anesthetic spray on my toe and although it is not as affective as an injection, it is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back