Todays too woopps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So eallir today i decided i was going to half two piaces of chocolate from advert a canlender weighed them for some 9g from scalle for some reason my brain calcated that as carbs(dont ask how i made that conection) and i injected half unit acordilly. That ended up working out okay because even i felt low shortlly after eating them i wasnt(unnfortllty the time i felt low i was on the phone so had to stop talking to them) abbot though i was 9 and before diner 6.9

Tonight i checked my surger levels before bed and was confused at 12.3 staring back on me when i checked on it ealir it was 10.4 point and asuumed it would have gone down by bed. Then i relised i was late talking my evening levermir but not masivlly late so maybe it wasnt that. I had just eating a packet of pork scatings but the parget said was 0.1gs of carbs. So that shouldnt have really had an effect.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t worry about it @rayray119 I’d have just eaten the advent chocolate with no bolus anyway. It’s easy to go into auto-pilot when you have Type 1. Remember too sometimes highs and lows just happen and there’s nothing to blame.

I've just had a look on nutracheck and most advent calendar chocs are no more than 2g of carbs for 1 chocolate

Sorry you got into a bit of a muddle having gone to the trouble of weighing the chocs and everything! Still, at least you now know you can most likely just eat them without a mini-dose, and they shouldn’t raise your levels too much 🙂

If you were low when your were on the phone, that can sometimes cause a bit of ‘bounce back’ later which might have been behind the 12.3?

Your evening levels were more likely to be ‘one of those things’ I think. A slight delay in Levemir, and pork scratchings wouldn‘t have had any noticeable effect.

Sorry you got into a bit of a muddle having gone to the trouble of weighing the chocs and everything! Still, at least you now know you can most likely just eat them without a mini-dose, and they shouldn’t raise your levels too much 🙂

If you were low when your were on the phone, that can sometimes cause a bit of ‘bounce back’ later which might have been behind the 12.3?

Your evening levels were more likely to be ‘one of those things’ I think. A slight delay in Levemir, and pork scratchings wouldn‘t have had any noticeable effect.
Thats the thing i wasnt i checked and i was 9 unless i hadnt washed my hands proberry and there was somthing itntwrfieig

I've just had a look on nutracheck and most advent calendar chocs are no more than 2g of carbs for 1 chocolate
This avert calcler is actully 2.4 per chocalate.

well i'm know thinking that maybe my evening radtio isn't enoguh because i'm a tad on the higer side tonight too so i'll guess i see how it gos until tueday and maybe dicuss incresiing my radtio. perherps my rdtio could be 1 to 15 at all all times. perherps could be 1 to 15 at all meals and the trisbria was making up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back