Today I was called out as superhero

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Posting something before at the post office and a little boy (aged about 6) pointed at my libre on my arm and said to his mum “look mum she’s got a super hero arm like my friend” and she said “yes, she might have diabetes too” and he replied “she has superpowers!”
I was so happy, but didn’t want to disturb them so I didn’t turn around but it made me a little emotional actually as he has a friend who talks about their diabetes in this way.
We are pretty awesome and it is quite a power being able to keep ourselves alive.

Posting something before at the post office and a little boy (aged about 6) pointed at my libre on my arm and said to his mum “look mum she’s got a super hero arm like my friend” and she said “yes, she might have diabetes too” and he replied “she has superpowers!”
I was so happy, but didn’t want to disturb them so I didn’t turn around but it made me a little emotional actually as he has a friend who talks about their diabetes in this way.
We are pretty awesome and it is quite a power being able to keep ourselves alive.
Maybe the kid had seen “the flash?” He seems to have some sort of BG sensor on his arm. 😉
About 58seconds in.

Back