Today I met a swimming goddess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Because the Total fitness gym works in partnership with the Becky Adlington Swim Stars swimming school chain, my gym occasionally gets a visit from Becky herself. Today she was doing a meet and greet type event for the parents and babies in the Baby Stars swim class. Not wanting to intrude if she was busy with the babies, I left one of my swim challenge posters with the gym staff and asked them if they could ask her to sign it. Anyway, she signed it with a really nice good luck and best wishes message and, as she didn't seem to be too busy, I went over and thanked her and had a brief chat while trying not to be too starstruck. Here is a link for anyone who isn't aware of Becky's level of awesomeness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Adlington

Wow, she's really amazing!

I'm feeling slightly boggled after chatting with various gym members and gym staff about how made up I was to have Becky Adlington sign my poster. I mentioned that I thought that she was a bit wasted on babies who obviously have no clue who she is. It seems that not many of the adults know either, they think that she's just the woman who runs the swim school.

I'm feeling slightly boggled after chatting with various gym members and gym staff about how made up I was to have Becky Adlington sign my poster. I mentioned that I thought that she was a bit wasted on babies who obviously have no clue who she is. It seems that not many of the adults know either, they think that she's just the woman who runs the swim school.
Blimey but people have short memories.

That is a fair point, if we had a visit from a world class footballer I wouldn't have a clue. Some of the people in question were quite serious swimmers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back