To use app with meter or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had to buy a new bg meter yesterday.

I bought a True Metrix Air from my local Boots. I set it all up except I didn't want Bluetooth on at the time (meter has it's own app) as I have been manually inputting my readings into MySugr.

I have the app and I have switched Bluetooth on however I can't get it to pair. It comes up saying enter a code try 0000 or 1234 but neither work. Does anyone else have this meter? Is it supposed to give you a code for pairing? I have used the meter already to test not sure if that makes a difference.

I could delete the reading and start meter set up again. I was bit eager to try it out lol

Or am I better just manually inputting on MySugr?

The pairing code on my meter appears on the screen of the meter. The instruction manual for the meter should tell you where to find the code.

The pairing code on my meter appears on the screen of the meter. The instruction manual for the meter should tell you where to find the code.
I have found the information in the booklet it is the SN number on the back of the Meter that is the PIN number of the meter. As I have already tested will it transfer the reading already on the meter before I switched on Bluetooth when it has successfully paired.

I'm a little concerned about having Bluetooth on all the time as but assume data from meter won't transfer without it.

Update:

Meter successfully paired. Bluetooth switched off until I next test.

Last edited:
No need to worry about bluetooth being switched on. I have several diabetes devices that use it now.

There should be a setting in your phone not to broadcast your presence unless you are in ‘pairing’ mode or whatever.

No need to worry about bluetooth being switched on. I have several diabetes devices that use it now.

There should be a setting in your phone not to broadcast your presence unless you are in ‘pairing’ mode or whatever.
This is what it shows when Bluetooth on however if device already paired do I need Bluetooth on all the time or just for the data from my meter to sync to the app? Assuming it is the latter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416-164705_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416-164705_Settings.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4
Yes, you could always switch it off until you take a reading if you prefer. The connection will only be active to the meter when the data are being sent/received I would think

I just have Bluetooth on all the time, meter sends readings only when it’s switched on.

I just have Bluetooth on all the time, meter sends readings only when it’s switched on.
How do you ensure privacy with Bluetooth on all the time or is it OK until the meter is switched on? I have a Samsung Galaxy A40.

How do you ensure privacy with Bluetooth on all the time or is it OK until the meter is switched on? I have a Samsung Galaxy A40.
I don’t have any privacy concerns about leaving my Bluetooth switched on. It’s not like I have any sensitive information being sent from my bg meter, or being sent to my wireless earbuds. If someone wants to hack the connection between my bg meter and phone to intercept the results then that’s fine.

Bluetooth only works over a short distance, a few metres for the meter connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back